• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• GOT2B GM

• CSI_MuNkY

• AWeb80

Well heres the list..

Covered all the following parts in this greyish black film/gunk which was not just a thin layer I am talking about 1/2 thick in some places.

1. Throttle Body

2. Intake runners

3. Fuel Injectors

4. Heat Stove Pipe

5. EGR valve

6. Valves

7. Cylinder head Intake ports

8. Mass Air Flow sensor

9. PCV valve

10. MAP sensor

11. All vacuum lines

and it destroyed 2 sets of spark plugs.

4 hours and $160 later the moral of the story it took me ALL day long to remedy this problem.

I am actually afraid to look under my cam covers. (valve covers)

Remember folks "if it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Matt the only problem I have with your statement is the motor was running perfectly fine before I sea foamed it. It was Slicks bright idea to dump a half of can of sea foam into my intake manifold. So LX5 not needing sea foam FTW!!!

It was Slicks bright idea to dump a half of can of sea foam into my intake manifold.

for some reason that made me :lol:

I bought these and fouled them out in 10 miles and ruined them they seem to perform like hell in my car so I dumped them.

NGK%20Iridium%20large.jpg

I am now running E3 diamond tipped spark plugs. I will let you all know the results.

e3splash.jpg

Chris dumped about a half can into my PCV valve port going into the top of my manifold while running it smoked a little bit not much. Then I shut the motor off and he dumped more in and let it sit for about 3 hours. He used the rest in my crankcase.

first of All i do not personally recommend the plugs that have more than one end because they like to burn hot and wear out faster, and second the way i was always taught to do seafoam and the way i have always done it is to pull the brake booster hose, start the car and dump some into the hose while having a friend keeping it running, then shut it off for 5 minutes, start it up and rev the engine a bit then drive it like you stole it. I have what i call my seafoam route where i take and get it up to 75 then accelerate then decelerate, and hard accelerate, i have never had anything but good results :mrgreen:

3 hours?!?!! I think that was the problem right there, especially if the motor had been warmed up. If it's kept in the motor for the normal 10 minutes, I think it would be a non-issue for you. It's the same as if you wiped a soapy sponge on a dirty car, don't rinse, and let the suds dry in the sun. Shit don't look too clean, now does it?? FACK though, that bites the big one.

In defense of Slick he didnt tell me to let it sit 3 hours it just happened like that.

I hafta change both cars oil now, mine and Marie's.

It was Slicks bright idea to dump a half of can of sea foam into my intake manifold.

Oh I see how it is Rob...just blame Chris for all your problems. j/k :high5:

Ive yet to use SeaFoam yet, but I thought I remember reading somewhere not to let that stuff sit in your intake for a very long time.

i've used it twice so far since i bought my lumi in august and i had no probs. i think on the can it says to let the car sit from like 5-15 mins or something like that.

the 95 LQ1 sedan always is very hard to start and keep running when cold. I seaformed it... and the rear axle caved in. Coincidence? I think not.

actually, after seafoaming and honestly not a whole lot of smoke... the car starts and runs like it should now.

seafoam=garbage

Its not the product.... its the fact that it was used wrong... It says right on the can not to let it sit that long.

Seafoam (when used correctly) works GREAT!

Jamie