Headlight conversion

kwk39018

How's the light output on them? Brand? Typically those blue bulbs that claim a color temperature have bad light output due to the blue coating over the bulb.

The light output is about the same,but the light is bright. The mini quads have shit for light output any way,so that is my biggest issue.It is beatter stock. Nokia is the builbs I got.I also have a set in may cavalier.

silverstars all the way.

I thought that too since Silverstars are soo much cheaper, but then I seen this over at v6z24.com (Im sure youve seen it too) http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/hid-pics-vvme-kit-on-with-pics-pg2-t102021,start,15.html

Pretty cheap kit too at $43.00 http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html

has anyone tried that kit? big difference in price from all the others. says works on all cars too?

If you check that thread, there are a lot of guys on that site that use that kit and some have for over a year with no problems. I couldnt believe the price either.

i may go ahead and order a kit and try it out then. at that price it really wouldn't matter if it only lasted a year.

thanks for the link, may turn out to be a really good buy/product.

if i do end up getting it i will post up and let you guys know how they are.

i may go ahead and order a kit and try it out then. at that price it really wouldn't matter if it only lasted a year.

thanks for the link, may turn out to be a really good buy/product.

if i do end up getting it i will post up and let you guys know how they are.

Yes please keep us updated because Im definately interested in buying a set myself.

I'd be leary of any kit that cheap. But for that price, I guess it doesn't matter. As long as it has a relay harness so you don't fry your stock wiring. Personally I HIGHLY recommend getting a kit from http://www.higherlevelauto.com

Mike, the owner, is a sponsor over at NAIOA.com. Many members there have used his kits and everyone is more than pleased with them. He also has great customer service. In the off chance you do have something go wrong he'll make sure he makes things right whether you get a bad bulb or have a ballast malfunction, etc. My kit actually somehow got lost during shipping and he sent me out a new kit ASAP no questions asked. And at $150 it's still a very good price IMO.

I was kinda wary because of the price also, but like I said earlier there are a quite a few guys over a V6Z24.com that have the kit and are very happy with it.

Yea, as long as there's a relay harness then I guess there's nothing to lose. I just took a quick look at it and it looked like it comes with one so I guess it's worth a shot if someone doesn't wanna spend alot. Regardless of the kit though, once you go HID you'll never go back.

Can't help ya out with bulb type, but what color temp are you getting? I wouldn't get anything over 6000k.

i am going with the 6000k.

now something odd is that it only allows you to choose one size bulb. so i guess i will order the 9005 and use them on my low beams, because i rarely use highbeam as it is.

i know nothing about these kits, so if you guys know anything, please let me know if i am about to order the correct parts.

this is the kit.... http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html and i am going to choose 6000k for the temperature and 9005(HB3) as the bulb.

am i correct in the options i am choosing?

btw... sry to have derailed this thread guys.

Fuck why didn't I see this sooner... next pay check!!

mediabandit,

I'm pretty sure you have the right kit picked out, I know you do for a Grand Prix, and I can't see GM being one to change bulb types on a similar car, it costs too much money to change a plug :lol:

When you get them, take the cover off the back of the ballast (yes its safe, just don't touch anything) A good quality HID kit you will not be able to see the electrical. It will almost look as though once the electronics were put in it was filled with silicone. I'm sure there are other things that set the expensive ones apart, but I know this makes for a very weather proof system.

I'm also sorry for the derail.....

Jamie

Jamie

Goodluck. Install is pretty straight forward. And it would have been a waste getting them for the high beams anyway. Let me know if you have any questions about the install once you recieve the kit.

Technically none fit in mine, they had to be glued in place.

I have the Sylvania (sp?) Cool Blue headlights in mine, and both highs and lows had to be glued in place. And FWIW, Q-ball did silver stars at the same time for double the price and they were just as effective. However mine now suck ass once again.

Jamie