Unrealistic

z34_nut

I'll probably end up autocrossing my fat-slut GP this summer.

The Prelude needs to be taken back out of service so I can pull the head and figure out how much damage I've done and the NX is currently on the back-burner.

This means once I RE-resurect the GP (it needs shift cables and some other monkey-work stuff), I'll have to see how she does with a stock FE3 suspension and some 245/50R16 Kumho 711's.

I know my friend's 350Z will bitch slap me, but his cousin's turbo 240SX is broken (again), so I'lll have some good competition against his DD..........a Civic EX with a hybrid D series motor :lol:

Either way.........I'll see if I can post up a little video action :wink:

God I need to fix my fleet of broken cars :rolleyes:

A bit late, but I would like to say that the comparison isint fair, If both vehicles had the same amount of mods done, in the same fashion, like equally modded as far as bolt ons in concerned, a damn W-body WILL NOT out handle a Y body, to think otherwise is simply ridiculous.

Our cars have awsome suspension geometry. Its just everything is too soft and flexes...

Awesome geometry???......its just your basic McPherson strut front suspension with an independent monoleaf rear suspension.

There is no way my Impala will out handle, out stick, out launch, or out fuck my Camaro.

Our cars have awsome suspension geometry. Its just everything is too soft and flexes...

Awesome geometry???......its just your basic McPherson strut front suspension with an independent monoleaf rear suspension.

There is no way my Impala will out handle, out stick, out launch, or out fuck my Camaro.

The camaro's I've seen have quite awful handling :willynilly:

Build both the suspensions decently and you will notice that the W will outhandle it.. Of course the W will need lowered to lower the center of gravity but it has independent suspension... Solid axles arent as good for corners compared to independent.

Fbodies also have a shitload of chassis flex

Haha and our cars dont have chassis flex? Mine has flex out the ass even with it being lowered on stiff ass suspension... Shit with my suspension I have cracked my windshield from the stress points, but I would still bet, no gurantee that my friends stock '02 WS6 will wax my cars ass in turns, no problem.

Haha and our cars dont have chassis flex? Mine has flex out the ass even with it being lowered on stiff ass suspension... Shit with my suspension I have cracked my windshield from the stress points, but I would still bet, no gurantee that my friends stock '02 WS6 will wax my cars ass in turns, no problem.

lol yup hang the ass end out and spin the fuck out of the back tires around any corner :lol:

A bit late, but I would like to say that the comparison isint fair, If both vehicles had the same amount of mods done, in the same fashion, like equally modded as far as bolt ons in concerned, a damn W-body WILL NOT out handle a Y body, to think otherwise is simply ridiculous.

Just making a general observation :thumbsup:

I dunno. All of 3 ls1 f-cars I've owned have been absolutely terrible as far as handling goes... but its your impala..

People Don't Believe Me When I Tell Them How Good The Gp Handles.....It Gets Irritating Sometimes.

i believe you...really do!

the my gp will keep up with porche boxters on entrance ramps, (the real sharp ones) they just lose me when it straightens out :lol:

there is one f-body around here that is strictly a auto x car and it has subframe connectors, sbt's, lowered, heavy spring rates....and 12" wide stick slicks on all 4 tires....now that car can freaking fly.....will beat my by about 4-6 seconds on a 45 second average course......

but it takes a horrible riding car and slicks to beat me......

mine, I don't have to trailer it home and it still rides great.

lol yup hang the ass end out and spin the fuck out of the back tires around any corner :lol:

It's called drift, and it works like a charm.

Ok despite the arguement, an F or a Y body are always gonna be sexier than a w, no question lol. Cant wait to get mine!

• 3 years later...

And it cost a lot less. What year is your Z06? I think I will upset some people with this statement, but vettes got popular and I don't think the newer style of vette is maybe as good as some of the older ones in terms of handling. I owned a 1984 which had not horse power to speak of, but boy did that thing ever handle nice. I got an opporunity to drive a 1999 Corvette and not only did it not handle well, it sounded like a bruick when you stepped on the gas compared to my car. When you stepped on the gas in my car is rumbled, it did not purr. Just my 2 cents worth and I know some will disagree.

If you like the handling of the z34 have fun with it and go fast in the corvette. Best of both worlds.

And it cost a lot less. What year is your Z06? I think I will upset some people with this statement, but vettes got popular and I don't think the newer style of vette is maybe as good as some of the older ones in terms of handling. I owned a 1984 which had not horse power to speak of, but boy did that thing ever handle nice. I got an opporunity to drive a 1999 Corvette and not only did it not handle well, it sounded like a bruick when you stepped on the gas compared to my car. When you stepped on the gas in my car is rumbled, it did not purr. Just my 2 cents worth and I know some will disagree.

If you like the handling of the z34 have fun with it and go fast in the corvette. Best of both worlds.

Please watch the LAST replied dates before posting a reply. I know for a fact that this user shows up once every two years as the W is now gone if I'm not mistaken.

So please be mindful of this when posting. Thanks.