Invasion1

Get in touch with 92turboLE hes building a n/a 3.1L into a turbo and shooting for 600HP. Hes found pistons, cam, valves, springs, blah, blah, blah

Robby

Bah...you don't need to replace all those things. The stock rods and pistons are just fine. The pistons are unique to the TGP, due to the fact that they have an extra ring on them :D I'm rebuilding my for 400hp...since the auto tranny can't handle much more than 450hp, and that's with a fresh transmission rebuild. :wink:

92turboLE is rebuilding with all of those things because he is not starting with a TGP engine in the first place. And I think (would assume) he's using a manual transmission, as the only auto that could hold that much is a beefed up INTENSE 4T65-HD tranny...or possibly a 4T80. And a 4T80 won't fit in the GPs...it's a bonnie transmission :roll:

And btw, I paid $701 for my TGP :lol:

well there are PLenty of parts out there if you look around...

Im going for the 450HP with a 282 built to handle the power of a SBC to 650+ HP....

nothing comes Cheap though...

Im getting parts putting them aside and then this winter Building it...

im going to see what Running 3100 pistons in will do

Im boring it .040 over.

and im Running a 1500-6500 RPM cam when i am done.

I am also upgrading the turbo & cross over pipe. and the exhaust, heads with 3 angle enlarged valves.,

upgraded injectors, fuel pump, fuel lines, new larger Intercooler, Custom Radiator, and a custom AC condensor set up...

and I am setting up for a 125HP shot of NOS if I can get the pistons custom made for an extra or a HD set of rings.

I figure if I put less then $30,000 in to the car im doing good because thats what a 04 GTP would cost me....

then with the old STE motor Im going to put that into my 90 olds Cutlass international coupe with the HD auto from the ste also.... make a nice winter car....

See thread- *update* on my TGP. It was running before it was towed to my house. Not perfectly but would idle and drive fine you just couldn't go over 5 psi or it would cut out.

Hey, while we're talking about what we're doing w/ TGP's: I'M GONNA PUSH THIS MUTHERFUKER IN THE RIVER. Booyah.

Man, if your gonna do that, I'll take it off your hands for yah.