Help Please... WTF!!

GtipGary

We tried the whole welding the tap to a bolt thing... Somehow, we dont know, the sleeve went a little too far in. so when i started my car the cylinder closed the electrodes on the spark plug... Now we cant get the damn sleeve back out. So, does anyone have an idea how to get it back out?? and if not does anyone have a head for sale???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GtipGary

• moto_ty

• jeremy

• Crazy K

lol. wow. sorry. i didn't have that issue. best of luck to you...

on the other hand. try an easy out? IDK if the come that big, and if they do im sure you'll have to do some more welding.

or how about putting a spacer on the pulg? just an idea

This is a very bad problem with the 97 - 04? whatever that body style ended. The triton v8s that were introduced in that year spit plugs like there chewing tobacco.

we did more damage than good :cry:... so now i need a head. So if anyone has a spare Lq1 or a spare front head laying around, let me know how much!

CUTLASS 91-95 6-207 (3.4L)

GRAND PRIX 91-95 6-207 (3.4L)

LUMINA CAR 91-95 6-207 (3.4L)

MONTE CARLO 95 6-207 (3.4L)

DOHC.

'94-95 left cyl. head has a camshaft sensor, request as needed.

There's the interchange.

I'd have one in two weeks. :cry:

I would try jbweld on a GOOD sparkplug, preferably a rapid fire. coat the seat area heavily, and put it in the engine, but not tight. let it sit till cured. try the motor.

if you can do that... that is at least cheaped than $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a head job. hell, a machine shop could fix that cheap probably.

Cant do anything... we tried Like hell to get that sleeve back out of the motor. We were gonna put another one in just not as far. Anyway we couldnt get that damn sleeve back out. We took the messed up spark plug and put panel bond on it, and screwed it back in there. We were hoping that we could then turn out the sleeve when the panel bond dried. Unfortunately someone started my car and pulled it outside before it dried :cry:. So now my head is full of panel bond and i cant put anything in there. So yeah i need a front head.

We changed the head today! What a pain in the ass haha... I got all new gaskets and we put it back together all the way up to the cams and the timing belt. We read the write up on 60* about how to time it but we were a little confused. We wanted to be completely sure about what the flats of the cams are. We didnt want to do all this work and then not have the timing right and mess it up even more. So i told brandon that i would post up on here and get some tips and info on how EXACTLY to do it and we will finish it tomorrow. So any tricks, tips, or info on how to time it and exactly what the cam flats are would be appreciated. If the camera didnt have dead batterys, id have pics (Damn drunk girls taking pictures and leaving the camera on)

We changed the head today! What a pain in the ass haha... I got all new gaskets and we put it back together all the way up to the cams and the timing belt. We read the write up on 60* about how to time it but we were a little confused. We wanted to be completely sure about what the flats of the cams are. We didnt want to do all this work and then not have the timing right and mess it up even more. So i told brandon that i would post up on here and get some tips and info on how EXACTLY to do it and we will finish it tomorrow. So any tricks, tips, or info on how to time it and exactly what the cam flats are would be appreciated. If the camera didnt have dead batterys, id have pics (Damn drunk girls taking pictures and leaving the camera on)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pics of teh banstick!!

HAHA i dont think that all of them would be apropriate for this website!! Anyway Stay on Subject Damnit!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pics of teh banstick!!

Sorry about all the issues with your motor. What a pain in the ass.

Drunk girls may leave your camera on, but they have many positive qualities as well!