OBD1 SES light

Drummer

ok i've got a SES light coming on while driving, as soon as i shut it off and turn it back on it goes away but a little while later comes back on. The only 2 codes i got were 32 which deals with the egr circuit fault and 39 which is clutch input circuit fault. I'm wondering if one of these (32) is making the SES light come on, or if the code only showes up when the ses light is on. Not quite familiar with obd1 just for the fact that i've never had a ses light on before.

both of them would trigger the ses light to come on. it only comes on while your driving cause that's how obdI is i believe. the codes are saved on the computer. so if you were to try to pull the codes while the light isn't on, they'll be there. the ses light will come on the next time one of those sensors trigger the ses light. but i could be wrong about all this.

ok i've got a SES light coming on while driving, as soon as i shut it off and turn it back on it goes away but a little while later comes back on. The only 2 codes i got were 32 which deals with the egr circuit fault and 39 which is clutch input circuit fault. I'm wondering if one of these (32) is making the SES light come on, or if the code only showes up when the ses light is on. Not quite familiar with obd1 just for the fact that i've never had a ses light on before.

the egr valve is definitely throwing the code, and will stay on untill it is cleared, even if you replace the son of a gun, it will stay, you will need to clear it make it go away. i had the same problem with my 94..... 230 dollars later, it went away....*sigh* you will probably notice that the gas mileage is dropping hardcore, and you should also check to make sure your catalytic converter isnt clogged, that is what caused my EGR to go bad.....