z34 chips or programmers?? do they make them

ZacksZ34

Here ya go...

http://wot-tech.com/shop/

You do know Google exists, right :lol:

speaking of them, they need to get those TB's back in stock cause I need one :lol:

Man, I just noticed they are still outta stock. Been that way for several months now,

yeah I hope its restocked soon cause Ill need it this month

I saw it. I was going to, but by the time I was actually going to get to it ( tonight ) I might as well not even bother. I only saw it like 1-2 days ago.

Here ya go...

yeah i know it exists thanks for the help now i can finally make my z34 even better

To make that "even better" be even better YET..........be aware that some custom programming can be done.

I mention this, because while Ben's chips (Ben Phelps being the guy who owns/runs 60 deg store) DO make a nice bump in power (8whp on the test car the chip was tuned for IIRC.......likely 3-5hp in *most* cases), he does NOT touch the shift logic.

And modifying the shift tables can make a BIG difference in performance (0.2-0.3 seconds in the 1/4 can be had from shift logic alone) for an LQ1 car.

BUT (and I STRESS this "but").

Be aware that while an LQ1 auto can benefit by bumping the 1-2 shift as high as 6800-7000rpm and the 2-3 to 6600-6700, the TRANNY is NOT rated to take this on a day-in, day-out basis.

In fact, the 60-E is only rated for the following max rpm shifts:

1-2 @ 6500rpm

2-3 @ 6250rpm

3-4 @ 6000rpm

This means you can only SAFELY bump the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts 100-200rpm over stock, although you have 800+ rpm that you can go up for the 2-3 (stock they short shift BIG time at 5000-5200 in most cases).

What *I* would do is this:

It turns out that LQ1's have a "Winter/Performance" shift table in the PCM in ADDITION to the regular "D" table.

This means that you can use you "Second Gear Start" button/toggle (or if you lack one, wire one in) to access this table.

*I* would bump the regular shift set to the limtis of the stock tranny (meaning a very small 1-2 and 2-3 bump, plus more agressive kickdown logic), but put the "Performance" tables to a 6900ish rpm 1-2, 6700ish rpm 2-3 and 6500ish rpm 3-4.

And then..............ONLY use that setting for the track (or a street race if you are so inclined).

And be aware, that using such WILL eventually kill the tranny.............and how long "eventually" is, will be determined by your (and past owners) service habits where the trans is concerned.

So there you have it............

Performance CAN be had, but it *may* be a fair bit of trouble (you might have to send the chip back to Ben a couple of times to get the shift logic RIGHT where you want it), and it CAN cause reliability concerns IF you beat on the car or drive it in "Winter/Performance" ALL of the time.

Here ya go...

yeah i know it exists thanks for the help now i can finally make my z34 even better

To make that "even better" be even better YET..........be aware that some custom programming can be done.

I mention this, because while Ben's chips (Ben Phelps being the guy who owns/runs 60 deg store) DO make a nice bump in power (8whp on the test car the chip was tuned for IIRC.......likely 3-5hp in *most* cases), he does NOT touch the shift logic.

And modifying the shift tables can make a BIG difference in performance (0.2-0.3 seconds in the 1/4 can be had from shift logic alone) for an LQ1 car.

BUT (and I STRESS this "but").

Be aware that while an LQ1 auto can benefit by bumping the 1-2 shift as high as 6800-7000rpm and the 2-3 to 6600-6700, the TRANNY is NOT rated to take this on a day-in, day-out basis.

In fact, the 60-E is only rated for the following max rpm shifts:

1-2 @ 6500rpm

2-3 @ 6250rpm

3-4 @ 6000rpm

This means you can only SAFELY bump the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts 100-200rpm over stock, although you have 800+ rpm that you can go up for the 2-3 (stock they short shift BIG time at 5000-5200 in most cases).

What *I* would do is this:

It turns out that LQ1's have a "Winter/Performance" shift table in the PCM in ADDITION to the regular "D" table.

This means that you can use you "Second Gear Start" button/toggle (or if you lack one, wire one in) to access this table.

*I* would bump the regular shift set to the limtis of the stock tranny (meaning a very small 1-2 and 2-3 bump, plus more agressive kickdown logic), but put the "Performance" tables to a 6900ish rpm 1-2, 6700ish rpm 2-3 and 6500ish rpm 3-4.

And then..............ONLY use that setting for the track (or a street race if you are so inclined).

And be aware, that using such WILL eventually kill the tranny.............and how long "eventually" is, will be determined by your (and past owners) service habits where the trans is concerned.

well im just buildin my car as a street car but will race it once in awhile

So there you have it............

Performance CAN be had, but it *may* be a fair bit of trouble (you might have to send the chip back to Ben a couple of times to get the shift logic RIGHT where you want it), and it CAN cause reliability concerns IF you beat on the car or drive it in "Winter/Performance" ALL of the time.

Nice. Well I do touch the shift logic if it is asked for, but I tell everyone that it varies by owner/vehicle. Some just don't like to shift at the changed shift points. Yes, the winter/performance shift points could be used with that switch, but I do not have a vehicle to test with. Everyone here has 5 speed 3.4 DOHC cars. If someone wants to try it, they can. If they don't like it, they can send it back and I will reprogram it. I have been doing this since 2001.

My dyno numbers are never a special tuned setup. It is repeatable, just like my pushrod chips repeatedly seeing 5-6 hp increases. The 8-9 hp on the 3.4 DOHC was from someone out west. I never saw the vehicle nor custom tuned it.

Nice. Well I do touch the shift logic if it is asked for, but I tell everyone that it varies by owner/vehicle. Some just don't like to shift at the changed shift points. Yes, the winter/performance shift points could be used with that switch, but I do not have a vehicle to test with. Everyone here has 5 speed 3.4 DOHC cars. If someone wants to try it, they can. If they don't like it, they can send it back and I will reprogram it. I have been doing this since 2001.

My dyno numbers are never a special tuned setup. It is repeatable, just like my pushrod chips repeatedly seeing 5-6 hp increases. The 8-9 hp on the 3.4 DOHC was from someone out west. I never saw the vehicle nor custom tuned it.

well my z34 is an automatic does the chip still work

I was NOT being a dick or anything, and I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that the 8-9whp was on the original TEST vehicle. This is just like the original TEST 3.1L for your chips (owned by Rebel GT from Bnet IIRC) made 7whp, but another member independently got 3.6whp (or thereabouts.........it was Choate's dyno chart that you had/have posted). Plus.......even the 3.XX whp dyno made MORE than that PAST the power peak.

I have NEVER meant or tried to imply that your chips are ANYTHING but good..........just that there is a bit more performance to be had (via shift logic).

Also...........I understand that TESTING is a huge issue (I've played with a DHP Powertuner on a couple of OBDII cars, and I KNOW how much testing can be required to get everything dead on).............this is why I suggested to the thread originator that he do a little chip mailing back and forth with you.

EIther way, your ECU tuning for OBDI GM FWD's *IS* (by far) the best thing out there, so don't get pissed at me :wink:

And now that I'm done giving you your daily blow-job, on with the thread :lol:

Yes............

And while more can be had (see my original post), his basic chip is still 30 times better than a Hypertech or something similar.

Buy it.

Yes............

And while more can be had (see my original post), his basic chip is still 30 times better than a Hypertech or something similar.

Buy it.

okay when i get the cash im gonna buy one for my car

I wasn't aware of someone getting 3.6 whp. I do know that the GM Top Engine Cleaner can help extract the rest of the hp that is capable from the chip. Running condition means a lot.

I wasn't aware of someone getting 3.6 whp. I do know that the GM Top Engine Cleaner can help extract the rest of the hp that is capable from the chip. Running condition means a lot.

well i also got a few other things planned for like intake trottle body, exhaust uderdirve pully and one of the chips

31dynochip.jpg

RIGHT off your website :wink: :razz:

3.6whp PEAK ..........but more like 6.5-7whp at the top of the tach around 5400rpm (right about where you shift a 3.1L out of 1st gear).

Like I said, REAL power gains, but not as much as the orignal test car (which made 7whp if my memory serves).

Also note (the rest of you), the the Hyperjunk chip did fuck-all :rolleyes:

BTW............the chart above is for a 3.1L MFI engine.

I have yet to see a direct comparo like that of an LQ1............but I would bet that the 60 deg store/WOT Tech chips are good for at LEAST 4-5whp (and the 8-9whp *he* spoke of is NOT out of the question [and maybe MORE likely] either).

BTW............off topic.

I watched "Big Trouble in Little China" the other night............I think it's made me dumber :lol:

haha, you know, you would think I looked at that enough to know. The DOHC chips have seen over 10 whp so I know its all in the engine. Timing, age, etc.

I lost my dyno sheet and another was never posted so its gone. No one else has dynoed so I don't have anything new to replace them with.