TGP progress thread

Psych0matt

Well, apparently I had plenty to do the downpipe, crossover, cold charge pipe, and I still have about a third of the roll left :dunno: anything else I should wrap? there really isn't much else :lol:

I need to pick up a few more clamps tomorrow to secure the x-over and part of the charge pipe

just wrap the pipe that gets the most heat soaked. or the pipe that is exposed to the most heat and you should be good. :wink:

Do you ever make any sense? :lol:

I was talking about the lower IC pipe, how its 1 inch from the exhaust manifold.

and if you got a heat shield for the turbo the upper pipe could be left bare almost and be fine.

the main thing is to increase air flow through the intercooler somehow in order to not allow heat soak to begin in the first place. I know of several techniques. you probably already know them all though.

my upper intake pipe stays cold all the time and after being driven hard it just gets colder. so there is no real reason to wrap it. I can see how that wouldnt make sense, so...

wrap the manifolds, x-over, downpipe with header wrap, and then get that reflective heat wrap for the IC piping.

Plans didn't go quite accordingly, since we had to abandon Thursday's plan and most of Friday's, but we did get a few hours in Friday night, spent all day Saturday picking up a car and a TGP engine for Ken in Ohio, driving back in the middle of the night. We got back to my place at around 10am, on basically no sleep, so we took a 2 or 3 hour nap, and then went to town on it, and got the engine/tranny all back together, and mounted back into the car. We didn't do anything past bolting the tranny and engine mount on, but from here on out it's basically reassembly, most of which I can handle on my own.

• 2 weeks later...

She lives! Got her all back together tonight, and she fired right up. Not even a check engine light! Only problem we had was the fact that the only thing we forgot was to tighten the power steering line right at the bottom of the pump. Otherwise she runs great, and fast! She shifts into gear kinda hard, but I know my top mounts are all completely shot

She lives! Got her all back together tonight, and she fired right up. Not even a check engine light!

noice!! i cant wait to see a vid. :high5: