Drove one of the worst Grand Prixs ever... Pics page 2 now

meltboy1

Ya, there is a shop here on 49 that has passed some of the worst cars I have ever driven...

I took my Malibu there on New Years Eve this past year and he tells me I have 2 bad tie rod ends and shows me how bad they are and still slapped a sticker on there for me... :P

Definately one of the most lax inspectors I have ever seen :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meltboy1

• ZoomZoomFan

• EviLette

• BXX

Inspections??? WTF are those :lol:

X2. Screw those. I'll see cars with no headlights driving around on a daily basis! Come to think of it..No taillights, no bumper, no trunk latch, missing a given window.

And my aforementioned sister's car with no oil has a bunch of crap hanging from the mirror too.

x3 Minnesota doesnt have inspections either.

Must be nice to have no inspections! I never have a problem gettin my cars inspected cuz i know alot of mechanics (i used to deliver auto parts). All the did was slap a sticker on my TGP didnt even look at it. The yellow sticker on the GP is at last 2 months old and a cop magnet! The new ones are blue.

I also noticed that the car has EEF plates...which means it cant have been on the road for more then a few months. My buick has EDD plates and it was put on the road in nov. So did she just recently buy this car in such shit condition??

Must be nice to have no inspections! I never have a problem gettin my cars inspected cuz i know alot of mechanics (i used to deliver auto parts). All the did was slap a sticker on my TGP didnt even look at it. The yellow sticker on the GP is at last 2 months old and a cop magnet! The new ones are blue.

I also noticed that the car has EEF plates...which means it cant have been on the road for more then a few months. My buick has EDD plates and it was put on the road in nov. So did she just recently buy this car in such shit condition??

I thought I was the only one who noticed NY plates. When I put the Supreme in my name, I had to give up my CUP plates for DPY. I wish I kept CUP so it didn't look like I just bought the car :lol:

I thought I was the only one who noticed NY plates. When I put the Supreme in my name, I had to give up my CUP plates for DPY. I wish I kept CUP so it didn't look like I just bought the car :lol:

Haha finally someone who knows NY plates! Me and my friend are always making comments on peoples plates....anyone else whos with us just gives us blank stares lol. We actually had a wager going this last spring for who could spot the first E plate.

I do that in Ontario! We have 4 letter plates, with a good 90% of cars on the road being A plates. The beginning of last summer we started the B plates and when I got my Cutlass November 1st I got BCLE. My dad transfers his plates to every new car he gets so he has LSK, from back in the late 80s.

lol i have 3 leis on my mirror, 2 on the dash, and monkeys and other animals in the back window lolol. i still take really good care of mine. just this week i am putting in front and rear brakes, rear mounts, front tie rod ends lol. plus the full synthetic oil change.

Haha finally someone who knows NY plates! Me and my friend are always making comments on peoples plates....anyone else whos with us just gives us blank stares lol. We actually had a wager going this last spring for who could spot the first E plate.

haha

no, she has had the car for a while, it has just been off the road for a while cuz she couldn't afford the insurance and everything being between jobs and all...

i just put my 98 Lumina on the road day before yesterday and got stuck with some pretty sucky plates... EGC

EGC... blah.

Now, my plates I had on my Cavalier when I moved back from Tennessee were alright... AXA 1207.

On my Cobalt, I run a vanity plate... see if you guys can spot this one, I get asked about it all the time: "G0T D0HC". My 98 Cavalier, because it had the 2.2L OHV engine had "G0T 0HV"

By the way, the worst W-body I ever drove was an 88 Grand Prix that 355,000 miles on it odometer and was just literally whipped. The rear leaf spring was cracked, the transmission (5speed) was grinding in ever gear, the interior looked like a party/cat fight/food fight and orgy had gone on it and the car smelling like a mixture of rotten milk and baby crap... I drove the car 3 miles to the crusher with my friend (it had been given to him)... i considered it a mercy killing :( The engine wasn't even any good as it was knocking (crunching by the end of 3 miles)!

I do that in Ontario! We have 4 letter plates, with a good 90% of cars on the road being A plates. The beginning of last summer we started the B plates and when I got my Cutlass November 1st I got BCLE. My dad transfers his plates to every new car he gets so he has LSK, from back in the late 80s.

Ive been in ontario the last couple weekends....toronto area. I met a girl who lives up there. She told me the same thing about the A and B plates...so now i have a whole new bunch to watch lol. Although it seems like about half of the ones i saw were and old combination. Just random letters and numbers like our old NY plates were. I saw one plate that was so old it was rotted almost halfway up lol.