Drove one of the worst Grand Prixs ever... Pics page 2 now

meltboy1

Ya, so my friends girlfriend has a 94 Grand Prix 4 door and she said shes been havin problems with brakes and stuff so I took it for a spin today, and holy shit... This thing was just terrible. I was actually kinda surprised to see it had 210k miles on it making it the highest mileage w-body i have seen in person. So I get in and start it up and the wipers imediately start going, which was odd cuz they were off, but the odder part is they would only go up and down a couple inches from their initial rest position to their delay on position and no matter what speed I put them on they went at low speed, no delay... So after laughing for a min I start drivin and go to put the window down a little, and of course it's off the track so that doesn't work.. :willynilly:

So here I go down the road smokin while ashing out the passenger side window... lol

Back passenger side little window is smashed out and I laughed at that a little and I notice the break light and low coolant lights on and hear the power stearing pump crying so I take it out and the breaks sure do suck, in fact, in reverse the rear left tire I think it was locks up on me. So afterwards I pop the hood with a pair of channel locks she has in there cuz her hood release is broke and notice there is hardly any brake fluid or PS fluid in there and can see that her water pump also appears to be leaking... so ya, I told her it's pretty much time to put it to rest and get a new car cuz it would cost way too much to fix everything on that car...

O ya, I forgot to mention the coat hanger holding the rear bumper on... I'll get some pics of it sometime for ya.. but thought a few of ya might get a kick outta my story. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meltboy1

• ZoomZoomFan

• EviLette

• BXX

haha women. Most don't care for their car worth shit.

I agree 100%. My dad checked my sister's car's oil once..no oil on the dipstick! Not surprising since she doesn't know how to check her oil (my other sister doesn't either). Absolutely amazing.

And my mom is one of those people who drove off without taking the gas filler(?) out of the hole at the pump..Now there's a huge dent behind it in our new(est) car.

If the guys in my family died in a freak accident all the cars would break down in a week.

And I hope that guy's girlfriend showers, judging by the car I'm not so sure.

haha women. Most don't care for their car worth shit.

And I hope that guy's girlfriend showers, judging by the car I'm not so sure.

Funny you mention that... ummm... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if I go over there tomorrow I will get some pics for ya

yes pics would be fun, it will give us a laugh and make all of us feel better about our wbodys. I'm glad I'm married to a woman that knows her car stuff. I don't have to check the stuff on her car, she does it for herself, even details it herself. I just change the oil for her and do repairs on it, and even then she usually helps me with the bigger stuff. My sister know how to check her fluids and put gas in, so does my mom. I couldn't imagine living with women that Cluless. I'm going to make sure my daughters know how to do the basics before they learn how to drive.

I have not met any female that can take care of a car.

x2

x3

x4

I have a friend that has a '99 Neon with 106,xxx miles. That car made me have a new-found respect for Neons. She got the car in March 2006 from a cheap/ghetto buy-here-pay-here lot. She continued to drive it without once doing anything other than putting gas in it (no more than 1/8 tank at a time either :rolleyes:) until late July 2007, when me and my friend finally forced her to let us change the oil. We drained the oil out, and it looked like diarrhea. And there was around two quarts in there. The car had been blowing blue smoke when she accelerated for months.

Other than that one oil change and a new air filter that we also installed, the car has had zero maintainence for the last 10,xxx miles (it wasn't taken care of before she got it either). Right now the service engine soon light is always on (probably a misfire), it ticks like crazy when she accelerates, the brakes are metal on metal, and the tires are totally bald. And it just keeps on going.

My other friend has a '92 Grand Am with like 45,xxx miles on it. When she got it it could've passed for a brand new vehicle. Now, not so much....that's all I'll say about that.

I have not met any female that can take care of a car.

Only because you haven't met me.

So what if I am not STRONG enough to do certian things.

I can still maintain my car.

so there! :P