Drove one of the worst Grand Prixs ever... Pics page 2 now

meltboy1

the female in my life (ie my roommate, nuthin else) is the same. LOL that warning light that says the oil needs changed is completely overlooked by her. everything I borrow the truck... I have to do an oil change!!!! and it's loosing coolant. "the coolant light was on. but it is off now so it is ok." "the coolant light is on again, but it turned off. I think it fixed itself" "How can the coolant be broken? the light is on, but it doesn't smell like it gets hot" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

had to re-hash this for this thread. I have an intake gasket waiting and ready to go in.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meltboy1

• ZoomZoomFan

• EviLette

• BXX

the female in my life (ie my roommate, nuthin else) is the same. LOL that warning light that says the oil needs changed is completely overlooked by her. everything I borrow the truck... I have to do an oil change!!!! and it's loosing coolant. "the coolant light was on. but it is off now so it is ok." "the coolant light is on again, but it turned off. I think it fixed itself" "How can the coolant be broken? the light is on, but it doesn't smell like it gets hot" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

had to re-hash this for this thread. It's a 4.2 GMC Sierra I have an intake gasket waiting and ready to go in.

from what i gather NYs state inspection is fairly lax, but i could be wrong, but any mechanic worth their weight should toss that car out of their shop so fast.

I wonder when that car was last washed?! :lol:

And I agree about the lay around the mirror. Any lay/beads/necklaces/furry animals automatically mean no more oil changes and ignoring idiot lights.

and that car passes inspection how?

Well you New Yorkers out there may have noticed that it is now Feb of 2008 and that car still has a yellow sticker on it... Yellow was for last year, so no, doesn't pass inspection... lol

I almost wanna adopt it and give it a new home, but it would cost WAY too much money to fix that up... maybe I will just grab the engine for spare parts for my BU!

She had mentioned getting rid of it, so if anyone in CNY area is lookin for a parts car let me know and I will tell her.

I think if she does get rid of it those tail lights might go on my TGP, I have always been a fan of those tail lights!

Prolly about the same time it rained in that area :lol:

I can't really say much. My car looks about that bad (as far as filth goes) right now...:leaving:

I think if she does get rid of it those tail lights might go on my TGP, I have always been a fan of those tail lights!

:eek: :rulez:

DIAF

x2 :thumbsdown: :smile24: :gr_guns: Don't make us come up there...

And I agree about the lay around the mirror. Any lay/beads/necklaces/furry animals automatically mean no more oil changes and ignoring idiot lights.

I have beads, furry dice, and my graduation tassle hanging from my rearview.

I also have a stuffed puppy that my mother gave me for valentines day several years ago in the back deck of the car.

My check gauges light comes on because my temp gauge is dead. The fuel light comes on with a full tank, and is intermittent.

My brake light came on, I immediately fixed the brakes.

:P

Service engine light is not on, and if it was, the car is OBD-1. :)

I have about 10 strands of beads from mardi-gras, my graduation tassle, a parking pass, and my school ID all hanging around my mirror AND change my oil myself, typically before 3000 miles, and never ignore a idiot light, unless it's my 'BRAKE' light, because my parking brake pedal does not fully retract in the cold temps. The brake is not accuatly applied, though.

and that car passes inspection how?

It's easier than one would think.. I don't know about other areas, but around here there are places (podunk shit mechanics) that will give any vehicle a passing inspection sticker.. My buddy used to have an 82 Dodge D-50.. The entire bed and rear end was rusted out, it had a plastic bag driver side window, the driver side door was bungie corded shut, and the frame was broken in two pieces back by the driver side wheel... Obviously the shop he took it to for inspection refused it because it wasn't safe to be driven on the roads.. But I'll be damned if he didn't take it to someplace (he wouldn't tell me where) and come back with a passing inspection sticker...

That's the beautiful thing about Kansas.

The only time the vehicle has to pass inspection is if its brought in from another state, or has a salvage title and is being placed back on the road.

My pontiac never got inspected. Might not pass with my blinkers, lol

That's the beautiful thing about Kansas.

The only time the vehicle has to pass inspection is if its brought in from another state, or has a salvage title and is being placed back on the road.

My pontiac never got inspected. Might not pass with my blinkers, lol

Inspections??? WTF are those :lol:

I also have a stuffed puppy that my mother gave me for valentines day several years ago in the back deck of the car.

My check gauges light comes on because my temp gauge is dead. The fuel light comes on with a full tank, and is intermittent.

I know you take care of your car. :) I wasn't really meaning to stereotype, but around here that formula holds true. The abused Neon I spoke of has fuzzy dice, several mardi gras beads, a work id, a lay, and some string or something around the mirror. The SES light never goes off and the low oil light used to come on around curves (before we changed the oil and discovered the car had around two quarts of oil in it). Almost every obviously non-car-oriented girl I see driving around here (and I see lots - mostly behind the wheels of Cavaliers, Sunfires, Aleros, Grand Ams, and Camrys) has a crap-load of stuff around her mirror.

My car just has my '08 graduation tassle around the mirror. There used to be a cross around it, but I took that down in favor of the tassle. Now the cross is around the gearshift.

;)

And as far as inspections go...I'd never heard of them until I joined this board. :lol:

Inspections??? WTF are those :lol:

X2. Screw those. I'll see cars with no headlights driving around on a daily basis! Come to think of it..No taillights, no bumper, no trunk latch, missing a given window.

And my aforementioned sister's car with no oil has a bunch of crap hanging from the mirror too.

I know you take care of your car. :) I wasn't really meaning to stereotype, but around here that formula holds true. The abused Neon I spoke of has fuzzy dice, several mardi gras beads, a work id, a lay, and some string or something around the mirror. The SES light never goes off and the low oil light used to come on around curves (before we changed the oil and discovered the car had around two quarts of oil in it). Almost every obviously non-car-oriented girl I see driving around here (and I see lots - mostly behind the wheels of Cavaliers, Sunfires, Aleros, Grand Ams, and Camrys) has a crap-load of stuff around her mirror.

My car just has my '08 graduation tassle around the mirror. There used to be a cross around it, but I took that down in favor of the tassle. Now the cross is around the gearshift.

;)

And as far as inspections go...I'd never heard of them until I joined this board. :lol:

Indeed.

But, then again, given where we are at.. the only ladies that read this board will most likely be car oriented. :) I took no offense by it, just had to point it out. I know there are several ladies around here.

Inspections depend on the garage. There was one garage that wanted at least 800 for me to pass. Another garage I'm kinda friendly with has passed me for 2 years in a row without a parking brake :wink:

Inspections depend on the garage. There was one garage that wanted at least 800 for me to pass. Another garage I'm kinda friendly with has passed me for 2 years in a row without a parking brake :wink:

My Beretta's parking brake never worked. We thought it had to work for me to pass my driver's test, so we went and got it fixed. Then I accidentally drove like ten feet with it on and after that it didn't work anymore.

I was so excited when I got the Grand Am and it's parking brake worked. :lol: