Transmission problems... 'elp >.<

EviLette

Okay, just looking for some input on this.

The motor/transmission that are currently in my Pontiac came out of a cutlass about a year ago, I guess it's been. The car they came out of was in running and driving condition, but title-less, and sat for about two years before the drivetrain went into my vehicle. I've gotten a year out of it without any major problems. Well, major problems consituting from the motor and transmission....

For the last month or so, I've been noticing that my transmisison has been acting weird. On the highway it will be alright until I let off the gas, say after cruising at 70 or so... the transmission will jerk when I let off the accelerator. Also, during acceleration, I have to accelerate very slowly, because if I put the pedal down into the acceleration, when it goes to shift gears it jerks at this point as well, and shifts really hard.

This is definitely a downgrade from the condition that it was in a while back, and so I'm starting to get really concerned that my transmission is failing me. Due to that, I've been in the market for another vehicle, actually have one I'm looking at on a post in the off topic forum, but I'm curious as to whether you think it might be a fixable issue with this tranny, or is it just trying to off itself and give me an excuse to buy a new car.

No matter the outcome on the GP, I promise you she does not go to salvage. If not in running/working condition, at the very least, I'll take it out to my mom's place and park it in the barn under a tarp, to sit until I am ready to restore her in the way she should be.