• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• IRONDOG442

• 93CutlassSupreme

• SigEpCutlass

nowhere near as many

I don't know about that. My '94 had them replaced the first time before the car even had 45,000 miles. The second time was at ~110,000 miles last February. Let's hope they don't need to be changed again...

nowhere near as many

I don't know about that. My '94 had them replaced the first time before the car even had 45,000 miles. The second time was at ~110,000 miles last February. Let's hope they don't need to be changed again...

If you used Fel-pro permadry gaskets, they should never need to be changed again.

nowhere near as many

If you used Fel-pro permadry gaskets, they should never need to be changed again.

I wanted to use the permadry gaskets, but it didn't happen. The first time the LIM gaskets were changed I didn't own the car yet, so it was done at the Olds dealership. When the LIM job was done last February I ended up having to pay a dealer to do it. I didn't have a garage, and it was below 0 degrees outside with the wind chill. I have the revised GM gaskets on there now, so hopefully they'll hold up for a long time.

nowhere near as many

I wanted to use the permadry gaskets, but it didn't happen. The first time the LIM gaskets were changed I didn't own the car yet, so it was done at the Olds dealership. When the LIM job was done last February I ended up having to pay a dealer to do it. I didn't have a garage, and it was below 0 degrees outside with the wind chill. I have the revised GM gaskets on there now, so hopefully they'll hold up for a long time.

Understandable. My gaskets went bad in a wierd way. I noticed I was losing coolant for a while, but I knew my dad won't pay for shit till its broke. The day they went, I smelled coolant and all of a sudden I lost heat and my needle got hot quick!

Parked the truck, 2 days later had it towed to my house (it was October, thank god). And a buddy and I did the gaskets, cleaned out the intake, replaced a shitload of hoses, waterpump and some other stuff.

The stock gaskets looked like total shit.

• 1 month later...

That's one more reason not to use dexcool in your gp or any other gm.

HI THIS IS MRMONTELUV NEW ORLEANS LOUISISANA I HAVE DONE MINE I OWN A 1998 MONTE AND I SPENT WELLL OVER 400.00 DOING THIS PROCEDURE I HAVE MY RECEIPTS WHO DO I CONTACT TO GET REIMBURSEMENTS :razz: :burnout:

My dad has never flushed his coolant in hsi 1994 Supreme 3100 and he has 198,000 miles on his original intake seal.

i didnt have to do mine till 145k, so it wasnt too bad, but then i had to do it again.....kinda sucked, i was leaking coolant on the block, and the bolts that were holding the block were loose, so i tightened em, and it ended up completely spliting the gasket. *sigh* that was a pain the butt.

My dad has never flushed his coolant in hsi 1994 Supreme 3100 and he has 198,000 miles on his original intake seal.

i didnt have to do mine till 145k, so it wasnt too bad, but then i had to do it again.....kinda sucked, i was leaking coolant on the block, and the bolts that were holding the block were loose, so i tightened em, and it ended up completely spliting the gasket. *sigh* that was a pain the butt.

Did you use a torque wrench?

I'm curious does the level in the overflow ever change? My truck never leaked a drop, but the bottle would always be low even when I filled it.

I'm filing a claim as soon as they release the contact info.

I got charged 5 bills for that job.

It's not for the 3.4 DOHC. Just the pushrod 60* motors.

This is one of the many reasons why General Motors is slowly flushing down the toilet.

Hardly, this is all old GM. The cars GM is building right now are the best they've ever built.

This is one of the many reasons why General Motors is slowly flushing down the toilet.

Hardly, this is all old GM. The cars GM is building right now are the best they've ever built.

That isn't exactly saying a whole lot.

The Corvair, Vega, Monza, Citation, the J-car....catch my drift?

So you're saying that GM's economy cars sucked...therefore...GM sucks?

I'm not saying GM sucks. I'm saying GM has a history of building only poor quality small cars, so to say that GM's current products are the best in GM's history isn't much of a complement. The past has shown us that GM really has a problem building a high quality small car, and even GM's larger cars aren't exactly competitive in the market.

I am waiting for the ball to drop on the Colbat/G5, for some HUGE recall or serious flaw in the design to be exposed. Ditto for the G6/Aura/Malibu.

Also, I think it is impossible to rebuild General Motors and use V-6 engines that date to 1980 (60* platform) or the mid 60's (90* platforms) in most of their products. GM's I5 is a poor replacement for the 4300, and GM refuses to replace the 60* platform or the 3800 with their OHC V-6, even though every other automaker has replaced OHV V-6 engines with OHC V-6s. Ditto for GM's extensive use of 4-speed automatics. Most other automakers have moved to 5 or 6-speed automatic transmissions.