Beef with 077's

ismellrealbad

I'm curious as to what peoples complaints are as ive seen plenty of bashing, i just dont know why. I think they are one of the few aftermarket wheels that usually looks good on our cars. only thing im guessing is that a lot of people have them?

i would like to hear any and all criticism so that i may understand. i have a feeling slick will chime in :lol:

People hate on the 077's because its very popular for use on w-bodies.

Some may say that they are a heavy rim, and that they are overplayed or whatever.

But take a look at what you are driving, a heavy midsized car, that has been mass produced for the last 20 years.

Basically as Matt said, they are super heavy, and damn near everyone has them.

I'm not saying that they aren't an attractive rim, but they definately are far from original, atleast in the W scene.

And.... I'm not saying I wouldn't own a set either. They just wouldn't go on a W.

heavy and played out...thats what i was thinking. im not asking this cuz i was considering buying them, i was just wondering. if anything once i ever get my car back together again i might get some x-laces for the nice 8" wideness

if anything once i ever get my car back together again i might get some x-laces for the nice 8" wideness

here is the pecking order :)

077 > stock five spokes > nichole's steelies > x-laces > donut spares

donut spares

Off topic, But I drove a car with all four donuts once. :lol: It was a whole new ride, so much fun to make fun of.

I personally think 077's look out of place on most w-bodies.

out of place?

IMG_0834.jpg

your car isn't the average w-body, they look nice on yours, i didn't mean it offensively, I just wouldn't buy a set because I don't think they would look good on mine.

out of place?

IMG_0834.jpg

your car isn't the average w-body, they look nice on yours, i didn't mean it offensively, I just wouldn't buy a set because I don't think they would look good on mine.

Its all good, everyone has different tastes.

your car isn't the average w-body, they look nice on yours

his car is a stock looking z34 with white outlined tails :shrug:

most w's are a 4dr grandma'd gp, lumina or regal. its nice and more importantly kinda rare to see z34s and gtps and cutlasses in super nice shape. fuck i rarely ever even see 1st gen gps around here and when i do theyre usually beat to hell. and SMOOTH (lol: @name) probably went above and beyond anyone here with a 4dr

I know on the web pics .. the 077 on w-body was overpass ... but .. on road .. I never see other car with this rims (077)!

me too I love my rims !

on road :

roadtriptr00012cw6.jpg

and pics

img0736pb7.jpg

i know the 18" 077's I had the wheel tire combo was ~50 lbs....heavy

the xlaces and tires are around 38 lbs a piece IIRC....I put the weights in a thread i did a while back....

and if i had kept the 077's, they deff would have gotten spacers....too tucked in the B4U's