Z34 in ditch, Funny story.

lolumz34

what a funny night.

Well..I was commin home from softball, it was just canceled due to lightning.

It was my brother, a friend and I in the car...just bootin down a major highway at 70kms (speed limit 100kms)

The rain was intense...so hard that with the wipers on high, still 50% visability. So I was being safe, not speeding...and my hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel.

Then...all of a sudden, the car starts to hydro plane.

Just started to spin to the left.

I was still moving in the same direction, but now I was spining.

I got in 3½ spins before I came to a stop in the ditch in the middle of the highway.

So I called the tow truck, got out and inspected.

The only damage that I could see....the little 2 inch chin extention on the front ground effects, was a little damaged. Nothing to much to fix and paint. Maybe $100 CDN damage, MAYBE.

I would also like to add, that during the 30 minutes it took for the tow to get there....10 people stopped...in a downpoor, to make sure I was alright. Include an amazingly hot off duty officer. Wow, I was in love.

So the tow came, and a cop was there to shut down the highway to get my car out and turned around.

so the cop was tellin me that, that in order to write a report, there has to be a minumum of $1000 damage to the car. I told that it was no big deal, that I could have it fixed for next to nothing. He insisted that there was $1000 Damage. So he asked me to name a few things that COULD have happen.

So, I mentioned a few things that were wrong with the car. And he put them all down as cause from the accident. And told me to contact my insurance company with the report.

So, not only did I:

1.have a blast doing 1260 degree soin on the highway

2.not get a scratch on me

3.get to have $1000 damage fixed thanx to a kick ass officer

4.respect 10 more people that are willing to go the extra mile to help people

5.have a car that still is running

but also, made it back to the bar in time to hang out with the baseball team, drink cheap beer, and eat ½ price fahitas....

What a GREAT night...and I'm not being sarcastic.

Well...

The muffler was stomped off...

So that will be fixed.

The front end was a little damaged

so that will be fixed

it kinda veers to the left now...a little.

that will be fixed

The back strut seems to be blown

that will be fixed

That to start

See, I would never have luck like that. If it was me, the car would have donw two flips in the air, landed top down, then stopped, then caught on fire fo no reason. Wow, that does sound like a good night. Yeah, fix stuff that doesnt even need fixing

Robby

you shoulda said "holy shit look what the ditch did to the welds on my intake!"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

the cops number...well...I didn't.

I was seriously....to busy trying to tell my friend to shut up. He was in the back seat yelling "I need a cavitysearch, I need a cavity search"

But it looks like the luck ran out.

Where the cop said that this would not be considered collision. It is....

I do not have collision. So I get to repair it myself.

Oh well..I guess I can't take the easy way out.

That's screwy...collision on an accident that would result in comprehensive insurance coverage. ...at least that's how things work is BC. Comp. coverage is used for things like windsheild, vandalizm, and other forms of no-fault vehicle damage.

Oh well...if you lived in BC, that would have flew. Mind you, that's after a $300 deductible first. Yeah, good ol' B.C. - never understood why they call it British Columbia...we should rename it to "Bring Cash".

Yeah, cross-provincial buyers think they're getting a break, but what they're not thinking is that they'll still have to pay for the provincial tax later when they go to register their new vehicle here.

Don't know if that's changed now...but I knew at one time it was this way.

yeah, vehicles are probably the same.... but on the weekends the population of GP almost doubles... and they almost all go to Costco at the same time :lol: