A couple audio questions for my '00 Grand Prix SE

phelan

I am planning on replacing my door speakers and tweeters, and I have a couple questions about this.

1.) I have downloaded the speaker removal/installation PDF already, and it mentions a panel removal tool. Does any one know where to get this tool? Is it pretty simple to use?

2.) I hate the stock tweeter position, and I'm planning on relocating the tweeters to another location for better imaging. What would be the best place to move them to?

On a side note: as an added bonus, when I move the tweeters I think I'm going to make a beauty plate, in place of the stock tweeter grills, that either bolts on or can be popped off for easier access to the mirrors, so they can be replaced without taking the whole door panels off :willynilly: .

Also on a side note, I replaced my stock 6x9's in the rear with some Pioneer 300watt variants and my car came with a Sony Xplode 200watt HU. No amp, but the speakers still sound great. I don't need a lot of watts, I'm building a clean sound with a little thump in the rear :mrgreen: .

The door panel tool isn't necessary, but makes popping the clips much easier. I, myself, use plastic panel tools, generally only sold on the Snap On/Mac Tool truck, and upholstry shops. But... you can get a metal panel tool at most any parts store. They are only about $10-$15, and work plenty well.

As far as imaging is concerned, some say nearest to the woofer, others say up in the sail panels. To each there own I guess.... But, if your wanting to experiment, use double sided tape and just stick them all over the place, find out what really works for you. I wouldn't point them directly at you, however, as they may be overpowering.