New Here - Question about Instrument cluster issues - 89 TGP

Jerry

I just recenly aquired an 89 Grand Prix Turbo. When I got it I had to replace the ECM to get it to run at all. Now I have a problem with the gauges. The turbo, oil pressure, temp, and fuel gauge appear to be working fine but the speedometer and tach are pegged out above the maximum. Also the HUD does not appear to work at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jerry

Welcome to the forum! The gauges are notoriously inaccurate on our TGPs. You can find someone with a used replacement cluster, or send it to an electrical shop and have them calibrate it.

For the HUD, remove your dashpad and make sure the wire plug is securely plugged into the HUD and latched on there.

Nick

Hey Jerry,

This is a common issue with the TGP clusters. I'm sure if you look on Ebay you can find a used one. Also some others might have a solution to fix the issues!

If those are your only 2 issues with your new TGP, you're doing well!! Welcome to the world of turbo cars! hope you enjoy it!