computer cal. for 3-bar MAP

TPG Greg

any one do any cals for a 3-bar MAP (lets the computer see up to 29psi boost)

the MAP is off a 89 turbo Trans Am. now this dosn't meen i'm going to run 29psi on my car but i'd like to go past the stock limits.

i'm real big into turbo dodge's and there is a computer cal. available for a GM 3-bar for the 2.2/2.5 turbo motors.

i had a few that ran 30psi boost. in fact i got a Omni GLH with a SRT-4 neon motor in it and it's a 10 sec 1/4 mile ride :smile:.

any way, i'm not wanting to make my TGP a 10 sec ride but i would like to get in the low 13's high 12's if any one has done this. and i'd imagine it would take around 20 give or take psi boost. i do want to get that topgun 160 and run that for a while. but can't fined any strait up info on it like HP numbers, or boost it runs, track times

stuff like that. i was also thinking on going mega squirt too if any one done that

There's no point to run past 2 bars on a stock turbo, even on race gas. If you want to put down some decent power but still want a lightning quick spool then get a GT2871R. I would skip the Jeff M. chip and go straight to the KAZ hot chip since it's proven to put down more power. Both chips run ~11 psi and on pump gas that's about the limit for the stock T-25.

^ im sure jusoh (skalor) can also help you out

on a basiaclly stock motor (rockers and 29# injectors) , with a 5-speed trans, and a gt2871r turbo i was able to hit a 13.6@108 MPH at 12 psi and put down 302 whp/ 409 wtq at 18psi, with fuel cut due to over boost @ 4100 rpms

There's no point to run past 2 bars on a stock turbo, even on race gas. If you want to put down some decent power but still want a lightning quick spool then get a GT2871R. I would skip the Jeff M. chip and go straight to the KAZ hot chip since it's proven to put down more power. Both chips run ~11 psi and on pump gas that's about the limit for the stock T-25.

well i am thinking of turbo, intercooler, exhaust up grade.

i have dozens of hybrid turbos and inter cooler's laying around. i was going to make a custom 3'' down pipe

also was wanting to know if an aftermarket exhaust system off a newer supercharged GTP would work on a TGP.

yea, make sure the tv cable is tight and the valence is on there with all air passages hooked up for the funneling to the aux. cooler.

get a new filter for it and then change out all the fluid.

lower tranny mount and engine hydraulic mount must be new. dogbone mounts must have washers.

then after all that it should shift like a th400, because the 4t60 that came with the tgp is stout as hell but if the motor is flopping around in there it will take it out.

but can't fined any strait up info on it like HP numbers, or boost it runs, track times

stuff like that.

i never took my '91 Cutlass Supreme to the track, but i dyno'd 230whp & 337ft/lbs with stock TGP parts including the T-25 turbo and intercooler, stock exhaust with the exception of a test pipe in place of the cat, grainger valve MBC at 13-14psi, KAZ chip, a K&N cone directly on the compressor inlet and it had a Getrag 282 5-speed not an automatic.

but can't fined any strait up info on it like HP numbers, or boost it runs, track times

stuff like that.

i never took my '91 Cutlass Supreme to the track, but i dyno'd 230whp & 337ft/lbs with stock TGP parts including the T-25 turbo and intercooler, stock exhaust with the exception of a test pipe in place of the cat, grainger valve MBC at 13-14psi, KAZ chip, a K&N cone directly on the compressor inlet and it had a Getrag 282 5-speed not an automatic.

i was planing on putting a grainger valve on mine what is the max psi on stock ecu, i was planing on buying a topgun 160 generally what do people think of those? and what psi boost do thay run? and what kinda power increase

I am looking for another top gun chip. I got one and its like night and day.

I dont think you can get them any more though. might have to go used.

If you're going to get a Topgun chip...you might as well just for the KAZ motorsports chip.....I think Kenny has proven it to put out 20-30 more HP than Top gun...

If you're going to get a Topgun chip...you might as well just for the KAZ motorsports chip.....I think Kenny has proven it to put out 20-30 more HP than Top gun...

how do i go about getting a KAZ and price

how do i go about getting the KAZ one and price?

I was wondering this also

They run about 7-7.5psi stock. You won't see 7psi until past 4,000rpms or so w/ the stock tuning due to the computer slowly ramping up boost. Fuel cut occurs somewhere around 9psi.

I was wondering this also

They run about 7-7.5psi stock. You won't see 7psi until past 4,000rpms or so w/ the stock tuning due to the computer slowly ramping up boost. Fuel cut occurs somewhere around 9psi.

so fuel cut is around 9 psi hmmm

is the factory boost gauge vary inaccurate, like most factory boost gauges.

i see mime peg 15 a few times and at a high speed it like stays at about 13psi.

i've been meaning to slap on a good one just haven't had the time

The factory ones are horribly inaccurate in most cases. My car pegs the boost gauge near instantly once I get into boost, even though I only see right at 11psi max(TopGun chip).

with a topgun chip what would i expect 1/4 or 1/8 mile times and hp numbers

That depends on a ton of factors really...averages are probably around high 14's. At best, you could probably run mid 14's with the topgun chip, but it would take a great launch, decent weather, etc. My car ran 14.7@91.94 a few years ago w/ a topgun chip(track was at 1,003ft elevation, I'd have to look again to see what the density altitude was that day). You can view my timeslip from that run here.

http://home.alltel.net/mfewtrail/tgpslips/mfewtrail.jpg

Anyways, I don't know if Jeff sells chips anymore, he hasn't been around on the board in a long time and never seems to respond to emails. I emailed him about a year ago with no response.

with a topgun chip what would i expect 1/4 or 1/8 mile times and hp numbers

thats pretty, good is your tranny still stock? thats the main thing i'm worried about.

dose any one know any tricks to increase the line pressure?