94-96 B4U grills.....I'm thinking about designing some..updated bottom pg 2

AWeb80

Thinkin about making "billet" style ones....ones w/ horizontal lines, and then pc'n them gloss black...

Bad Bad Bad mspaint chop....but just visualize it.

DSC01530.jpg

But that honey comb design is a trademark of Pontiac!

I know...my grill is turning flat black....looks like piss...I was just trying to dress it up a bit.....:shrug:

I think it would look pretty cool to be honest..just sayin the Pontiac honeycomb is gone then! lol..Throw some together I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

I think it would look disgusting. The only thing that could possibly be worse are the billet grilles for the 97-03 GP's. There are certain cars that should just never have billet grilles. W-bodies fit into that category.

• 2 weeks later...

Its all black do you probably wouldn’t notice until you got up close.. I think it would look great and it’s getting harder and harder to find stock plastic ones in good condition. If you made them available for purchase i'd definitely buy a couple sets.

ive been wanting to do something for a long time. i was thinking about actually making some out of metal and cutting a hole in each side for the air to come through better. should def do something.

metal honycomb ones powdercoated

would look stock

:lol: my thoughts exactly. Wouldn't make much of a difference

the biggest difference would be one looks like satin black plastic, the other is high gloss, and it would probably outlive the bumper :)

I could always retrofit the front bumper to my Olds, should these grilles become available!

nah j/k, but if something's made for gen-2 GP's, I always have my sister's car here.

here is what i've got drawn so far.....not finished yet.....a few touchups to do...

gotta figure out how to mount them w/ just the two holes....they will be heavier than stock...so i don't think the two screws will hold....and the arrows won't be there.....grrrrr.

grillnotdone.jpg

here is a grill w/ the GP in it...

when/if I make these to sell, its going to be one design or the other....

not either or

grillnotdonewithGP.jpg

here it is filled in

The letters are 1" high and 1" wide.

grillnotdonewithGPswatched.jpg

Would the one with the GP come with the pre-chewed chewing gum to hold the center section of the P in place? :lol:

You should just make it out of thin sheet metal. Like 16g or 14g. Might rattle at high speeds...