UB3 Color Change?

synistershadows

well the title says it all

would it be possible to change the color of the guages on a UB3? i was hopeing to turn them a nice rich blue if possible?

I think that cluster is all special VFD display or something, so you won't be able to change any bulbs per say..tinting would be the only option

Tinting is the way to go. PM StockGP (Dan). He has or had at one point access to different types of colored film. I was going the same route as you when I had intended on this swap. Dan got back to me long after I decided to scrap the project with a new find which would be totally awesome on the UB3 Panels.

i have to disagree. when i tinted mine red, i had no trouble ata ll seeing it in the daytime.

synistershadows, i have access to red and blue film. other than that, i know of orange, green and yellow. depending on what color you want, you're going to be limited in your options.

the lithograph film i have is very low dispersion and low diffusion. however, i think that if you try to combine colors to get the color change you are after, it will be too dark to see. i'm going to try to combine red and blue to get purple, but i odn't know that it will work.

so, it's not blue enough as it is? i can send you a piece big enough to color the lens on the ub3. i think you may have to take off the factory blue filter, though.

• 2 weeks later...

so, it's not blue enough as it is? i can send you a piece big enough to color the lens on the ub3. i think you may have to take off the factory blue filter, though.

I might be interested in that too... ( mine's also green ish compared to my stereo)