goodies06.jpg

Affirmative!

SS Rear Spoiler?

goodies07.jpg

goodies08.jpg

Roger!

Thought I'd throw a DIC retrofit kit in for good measure:

goodies01.jpg

Should have everything painted and installed within the next week or 2. I'm also getting the rub strips and rocker mouldings painted body color to complete the look. When the paint work is done, I'm going to install an FWI.

After this stuff gets installed, I plan on doing a console-shift conversion, upgrading the dash cluster, installing the GMPP upgraded swaybars, GMPP dual exhaust, new rotors, and possibly leather seats.

Pics of the car in all of its "SS Clone" splendor to follow...

no offense but all the money you will spend on paint and parts wouldnt it have been cheaper to have bought a Impala LS and changed the spoiler add the front lip and call it a day??

no offense but all the money you will spend on paint and parts wouldnt it have been cheaper to have bought a Impala LS and changed the spoiler add the front lip and call it a day??

Car's paid for, and after all it's a GM, which means I'd get my ass handed to me if I tried to sell it or trade it (already been there, done that when I traded my 04 Malibu Classic for the 07 Impy.) What I spent on those parts is probably $3-5K less than I'd spend on "upgrading" to an LS after selling my car (even more $$$ if I traded it.) I'd probably have to drop another $5-9k on upgrading to a genuine SS.

And just FYI, you cannot simply bolt the SS chin spoiler onto the LS front bumper. The bottom of the SS bumper is shaped a bit differently, and has notches to accept the spoiler.

Another reason I won't upgrade to an LS: MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE ABS! I fuckin' hate ABS!!!

Another reason I won't upgrade to an LS: MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE ABS! I fuckin' hate ABS!!!

Amen, ABS sucks, that's why mine is going bye-bye soon

And yeah, cool stuff man, can't wait to see how it turns out :high5:

can't wait to see the finished product. is all the function on the dic work? how do you go about hooking that up? How much was the grille?

You're on NAIOA, aren't you? ZSPOT on NAIOA is your hook-up for the Indy Grille. Got the grille and bowtie from him for $130 shipped.

BBEngineer on NAIOA is the hook-up for the DIC retrofit kit. Here's the 411 on the DIC install.. I got the complete kit, including the DIC, harness, and temp sensor from him for $150 shipped. The DIC functions perfectly:

DIC02.jpg

DIC03.jpg

DIC04.jpg

DIC05.jpg

DIC06.jpg

The HomeLink works as it should, as does every other function available. Took me ~3 hours to install following BBEngineer's instructions...

Any update on the paint work i wanna see what this is gunna look like A RED SS....i dont think they made any in red atleast ive never seen one i think its gunna look bad ass!!

I gotta "put out the fire" on my smoked credit card so to speak, so I haven't had the parts painted yet. I should have it done within the next month, maybe late August at the very latest.

You are correct, there weren't any SS's painted Victory Red. It was a 2004 base model-only color (you could order the body-colored rub strips with any 2004 base model color except Victory Red.) So yeah, it'll be pretty "unique" when it's finished...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...