New injectors.....cold start issue.

GOT2B GM

So I went ahead and installed my brand new Five 0 Motorsports Yellow top injectors that are rated at 19lbs on Ford fuel pressure. I purchased these ones upon recommendation from TGP Nick.

Ford Racing C302

19-lbs./hr

6/Set: $249

FordRacingC302.jpg

Now, once the car has been sitting for more than an hour or so, the car will not fire up by just turning the key, it will just crank and sputter a bit. This started happening immediately after the injector install.

If I cycle the fuel pump a few times by turning the key on and off, or if I hold the gas down while cranking, it seems to start up a *bit* easier.

Once it's running, it runs fine, and will restart fine if it hasn't been sitting for too long.

I replaced the o-ring on the ends of the the 2 hard lines going into the fuel rail, and replaced the throttle body gasket when I did the install. The injectors came with o-rings pre-assembled. I coated all o-rings with a little bit of clean motor oil before assembly.

I put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail, and it showed around 40 psi after the pump had been cycled once. Could it still show 40 psi, with air in the line?

My thoughts are:

A: Maybe the o-rings on the new injectors aren't as thick as the OEM injector o-rings, allowing air to displace the fuel in the lines over time.

B: One of the brand new injectors is leaking, allowing air into the system.

C: The injectors are somehow not compatible with the car????

D: Possible unrelated FPR issue?

I'm sort of stumped on this one, I've purchased a set of injector o-rings from GM, I'm going to swap them out and see if it makes a difference. I'm also going to pressurize the fuel rail with the injectors out of the Intake Manifold, to see if any of them are leaking.

Any Suggestions? Please.

I'm sort of just blindly guessing here.

Thanks.

Matt- as you know, I have the same exact injectors in my TGP, they have been in there for about 3 weeks now.... my TGP is running fine, but after it has been running for a while, when I open my hood I can smell RAW gas... it smells like it is coming from the area around the fuel rail... also, when I turn on my heater/ air controls when it has been running for a while (especially at stoplights) I can smell raw fuel vapor coming through my vents..... possible that we have different problems caused by the same thing??