how to put ram air on and what is needed

stlunatics2oo3

i am goin to teh junk yard on friday to get my keyless entry and i am thinking of buying the stuff needed for ram air so tell me how to remove it and what to get would be great thanks

Yum, ram air! A Turbo would be nicer but this is kinda fresh

http://www.ramairss.com/

They have a kit that's for the Caprice/Impala SS, but it will fit a cutlass.

The "scoop" needs to go under the radiator and travel up in between the fans and engine. However, Since the LT1 throttle-body is right behind the grille you would need to custom-make the rest of the piping to go to the 3.1 throttle-body. That's shouldn't be that hard, however, and this would be a true RAM air setup and all the air is coming from down below.

One note of caution! Although this setup lets the water/garbage exit the rear of the scoop it can still potentially suck snow or other things into your engine! however!! they DO have an optional snow guard, or you could just put some pantyhose over the opening of the scoop and you'll restrict the airflow a bit, but you won't be sucking crap into your engine.

It's not the cheapest thing, but it's mad fresh!

-MaD-

also i am thinking of ram air through hood louves what would be best ones as in hood louves to buy i am gonna make a custom ram air whole thing i think it will be easy

Ram air IS a cold air intake, it's just that cold outside air is "pushed" into your intake. Whereas a cold air intake is simply a filter in a spot where it can -suck- in colder-than-engine air. The difference is, that with ram air, the faster you go, the more air gets forced into your intake. Now, ram air ISN'T forced induction, but it's is more-so than a cold-air-intake would be.

Now, hood louvres don't provide enough of a scoop to become true RAM air. The setup in the link I sent IS true ram air. So basically, with the hood louvres it's a cold-air-intake that's more susceptible to water etc as there are no LOW points (Water doesn't like travelling UP a vertical tube, it would much rather seep INTO a louvre.)

Hood louvres are more for letting hot air out of the engine bay.

yadda yadda, do whatev.

-MaD-