New TGP Owner

S P E E D

Hey guys, new to the TGP world but not new to the turbo world. Bought an 89 TGP with 80,000 miles on it from Bake82 on the board. The car is mint and in great running shape minus the vaccum leak I've yet to have a good look at. The rad sprung a small pin hole leak on the upper portion of the rad but I got a buddy who works for a Tank repair place so it's no big deal.

My first question is...

I have a Big 16G turbo off my 2nd gen eclipse and also have some Stock 97 GTP injectors sitting in my garage from an upgrade I did in that car. How much power can these stock internals and tranny's take?

My Second question:

I am running a system called Perfect Power Smart Tuner 6 on my Turbo Suzuki GSX-R 1000 bike...I was wondering if I could use this system on the TGP with the Big 16G and the GTP injectors? (Obviously with supporting 3 inch exhaust, Pump upgrade etc...)

frist off, welcome :cool: what trans does it have, auto or 5sp. im not too sure about the injectors i dont think you can use them, but i might not be right.

this is the info i got off of 3400 swap.com. 4t60-e (m13), max engine torque rateing 280 lb-ft. gear ratios 1st 2.921 2nd 1.568 3rd 1.000 4th 0.705 rev 2.385 axle ratio 2.93.

i hope this helps. good luck with your TGP. :burnout:

I guess I should have said I recently sold my 97 Grand Prix GTP so I'm not completely new to the W body world. Loved the car, Charger made some serious Torque. Ran a best of a 13.9@100 with minimal mods.

I guess I should have said I recently sold my 97 Grand Prix GTP so I'm not completely new to the W body world. Loved the car, Charger made some serious Torque. Ran a best of a 13.9@100 with minimal mods.

mhh i want a GTP. or a TGP :drool: :lol:

Hey Joey! glad you found us here! I hope you like the car! I knew nothing about the rad, when did that happen? How was the rest of the drive home with it???

Kyle buddy what's up! Yeah the ride back was good, the idle was fine once I got on the highway. I'll track down the vaccum leak at the shop tomorrow and I'm gonna pull the rad and pressure test it. The leak is on the second row up top...doesn't leak when the motor is running cause the flow is moving to fast to leak. But when you stop it leaks a 20 inch round puddle on the ground. It only started to leak today...I took it down to the track for a race day for my bike and it sprung a leak just before I left to go to the track.

Either way like I said man it's an 18 year old car that has been garaged for a while. Can't wait to throw on a bigger turbo...In my opinion the T25 is WAY to small for that 6.

Either way like I said man it's an 18 year old car that has been garaged for a while. Can't wait to throw on a bigger turbo...In my opinion the T25 is WAY to small for that 6.

I agree on the turbo...the T25 is way too small! you should be able to sell it for a little bit of $$ if you want!!

Glad you are ok with it! I would hate to think I sold you a dud of a car! I think it was a good deal for both of us!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it! once I get my Cutlass running with the turbo we'll have to line them up!!!!

Also check out the event section here...we're having a meet in Kitchener in a couple weeks!! you will see a couple of other TGP's there!

welcome aboard! Glad to have another Ontario TGP owner with us. You should post some pics up seeing how Kyle never did :lol:

stock internal.. i did the 302whp 409 wtq on that (minus 1.6 rockers)

holy hell, is the trans still working and if so for how long?

trans held up no problem... 5-speed though.. it took sahit when an axle broke and cracked the casing though.. damn ya like 20 axles or so broken lastytear

trans held up no problem... 5-speed though.. it took sahit when an axle broke and cracked the casing though.. damn ya like 20 axles or so broken lastytear

wow i did not think the getrags could take that kind of abuse. lol

wow i did not think the getrags could take that kind of abuse. lol

Running on street tires, the getrags will survive a long time with a lot of power because you'll do nothing but spin the tires.

this is the info i got off of 3400 swap.com. 4t60-e (m13), max engine torque rateing 280 lb-ft. gear ratios 1st 2.921 2nd 1.568 3rd 1.000 4th 0.705 rev 2.385 axle ratio 2.93.

he doesn't have the 4T60-E though...Just the 4T60 HD

Ordered an aluminum rad for it 5 mins ago. I'm at the shop trying to track down the vaccum leak as we speak. Tinter is here tinting the windows aswell. Red on dark tint looks pretty mental. Now I need to get the rims powdercoated seeing as Kyle was nice enough to give me a spare set of original rims. :biggrin:

Gonna make an adapter plate to bolt up the big 16G this weekend. Also gonna start wiring in the Perfect power SMT6 management with the injectors. I had a brand new B&M tranny cooler I never installed on my 97 GTP aswell...gonna slam that on the car too. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress with pics.

Here some info on the management:

http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt6.asp

smt6.gif

Hey nice job on getting bake's TGP...could you post info on the radiator and where you bought it from? 99.9% of everyone looking for a new or aftermarket radiator ends up getting the one for the N/A 3.1 liter NON turboed, and that is not the correct one. Most people's options are to repair the old one or pull one out of a wrecked TGP.

As I said, if you end up with the TGP one, can you please post info on it?

Actually the rad just showed up at the shop and it's the wrong rad. It's way to long...the intercooler is in the way. Anyone got a part number or info on the stock rad? Worst case the intercooler goes front mount :burnout:

he doesn't have the 4T60-E though...Just the 4T60 HD

don't the E mean, Electronic? are the internals the same as the 4T60-E? if so, my guess would be that the torque rateing and the gear ratios would be the same, if not better because its a HD.

Here's the info I could find:

Manufacture, Blackstone out of Canada, sub-contracted to ASC for the TGP setup.

ASC part number: V29X858230XXX

Blackstone part number 1002609

Other Blackstone (?) number 90031601

Core dimensions:

21 1/4 “ width

15 1/4" height

2 1/4" thickness

37 rows

9 fins per inch

3 core (NA GP has single core)

Secondly, you cannot order any new replacement one. There are none anymore. LOL talk about being up shit creek without a paddle. Not laughing at you, but this is exactly what everyone else has gone through...if they needed a replacement. I can sell you my old one, which has a hole in it, but it could be repaired while you have the old one in your car.