modded the Impala grille; Installed

Nick1234

I like the colors, but i don't like the paint. stupid duplicolor. i did primer, 2-3 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear. i wish i had access to a paint gun and what-not

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

can you wetsand with duplicolor spray paint. i cleaned everything. 2 coats primer and the stuff still chipped off so wouldn't wetsanding take it off right away?

If you are spraying on that plastic, I would actually sand the original surface before spraying. I wouldn't go hog wild or anything, but hit it with even some 400 grit just to rough it up. Then maybe clean it up with 1000 then spray. You shouldn't have any trouble even finish wetsanding with that duplicolor.

Myself, I think it looks kinda odd just sitting there like that, but I know once it's installed it'll look REALLY good.

I think it looks great! the blue paint did come out the best but I think the color scheme looks good, and the silver paint does too.

sorry guys i have been moving my friend all day. The car is lightt sanddrift/ sand drift or whatever(light gold if you will) so the grille is black and sandrift. but it didn't turn out good on the car with the color match.... :sad: so im not sure what i will do next.

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Gray back with chrome center piece. Im going to try the stock back with the center bar painted. I want something clean, which this is, but not "stock" looking

DSC00098.jpg

I like it a lot. If you didn't tell me it didn't match i wouldn't have thought that. It looks like it matches well in the pics. I never can get duplicolor to come out really glossy, i've sanded the item i was painting, primered it, sanded the primer, painted, shitloads of clear, and wetsanded that and it still isn't very glossy.

Kyle