WINDSHIELD WIPER WIRING

dohc v6

I had broke the tab on mine so I tryed to replace it and noticed that it was glued together. Is there anyway to fix this piece

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

I have a better idea: Cut off a donor plug, note which wires go where, then take the terminals out of both new and old plugs and install your car's wires into the new plug...

Yeah but you cant get the wires out. GM used a special coating for the wires for the weather, since they are outside. Splicing wires unless i do an awsome freak job, will get water in some where and blow fuses all the time. And probably when its raining and when I would need the wipers.

3M makes this stuff that you can coat the splices in that basically turns into rubber to prevent any moisture from getting any. Hell we used that on my HUD project.

Solder

3M stuff

Electrical Tape

Heatshrink

Get a can of Xylene or Toulene (look in the paint supply section of Home Depot, near the paint removers.) Either will disolve the "conformal coating."

Get a can of Xylene or Toulene (look in the paint supply section of Home Depot, near the paint removers.) Either will disolve the "conformal coating."

now that is a good idea. :biggrin: