Calipers: Red or Silver

97loudcut

What color should I paint my brake calipers?  

1. 1. What color should I paint my brake calipers?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• Marchi1

• per0781

• 5speedz34

sorry about throwing your thread off track loudcut. i just wanted to throw the facts out there. yes we just had an episode of mythbusters on the forum. i wouldn't want to see your nice car damaged from what was thought of as a quality part. marketing is a great thing isn't?

Well, I can honestly say that my braking improved 100% from when I switched to cross drilled and slotted rotors with the Bendix ceramic pads. Whether it was the pads or just the new rotors, I don't know. I am happy with the performance and aesthetics of the product. It was worth it for me. Your not going to tell me that blank rotors look better behind a set of nice wheels than cross drilled and slotted do.

Thanks for the good technical discussion though. I love when this shit happens! :thumb:

Well, I can honestly say that my braking improved 100% from when I switched to cross drilled and slotted rotors with the Bendix ceramic pads. Whether it was the pads or just the new rotors, I don't know. I am happy with the performance and aesthetics of the product. It was worth it for me. Your not going to tell me that blank rotors look better behind a set of nice wheels than cross drilled and slotted do.

Thanks for the good technical discussion though. I love when this shit happens! :thumb:

And thats why lots of people still do it is for the appearance. I am not really into a car that gets to noticed (yeah i know the last one was orange), but there isn't a proven technical advantage to slotted or cross drilled for 99% of the applications.

I can't say as blanks bother me or excite me I just know that by doing 12" blanks and the F-body calipers I saved between 5-10lbs of unspring weight on the car on the heavy end, and every little bit helps.