Calipers: Red or Silver

97loudcut

What color should I paint my brake calipers?  

1. 1. What color should I paint my brake calipers?

Pretty straight forward. Chris and I were talking earlier today and he kind of brought this to my attention. I thought with the black paint, sidemarkers, windows that the red would be a nice contrast (just like my tailights).

What do you guys think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• Marchi1

• per0781

• 5speedz34

I say silver, mostly cuz red is overdone, and also I like the monochromatic theme. Mine are going to be black on the main big part and silver on the brackets

i didn't vote because i coudl go both ways. Silver would look classy as would red with everything black. I also think that if your calipers were red, peoples eyes would go directly to your wheels/tires, so if you want that to be the focal point than go fo it. I painted mine on the Aveo red and it looked good, but Jessica's i painted black to keep it from rusting and not to draw attention to it.

DSCF0305.jpg

The rears were still stock silver so that should give you a idea of the contrast, too bad my car was red!

Silver with black "Cutlass" stickers.

Red would pull people to your wheels like Jay said.

So your car is going to look BadAssOld's?

i had a friend of mine buy a 88 CS international with yellow calipers. all we had was burgundy spray paint sitting around. and well it looked better then yellow.

but seriously i could go either way, i'd want to see it photoshoped.

but seriously i could go either way, i'd want to see it photoshoped.

ditto, i'd probably go with red due to the fact that your wheels are "silver" but then again thats 3 colors on your car, i usually try to stick to two, such as black and silver wheels with silver calipers, or hell do them in black and make them disappear

how about painteing them a deep cherry red, sort of the color of the taillights when they have been nightshaded?

I like that Idea. I dont like the red simply because (besides the fact that everyone who paints their calipers does red) the fact that the red usually doesnt match the other red of the car anyways, and it usually looks kinda orange or faded anyways

I would do gunmetal. Red looks too bright on a black car, and silver kind of blends into the wheel and makes it look like the wheels have a growth.

I'd paint 'em black...why draw attention away from the wheels? and on top of that 1st gen brakes suck balls anyway...red usually implies performance...so given the choice, i'd go silver because that's the color of the coating of the calipers on most new cars

I think I'll do red. When people see the car I want their attention directed towards the wheels. I have nice and shiney cross drilled and slotted rotors. Some red calipers will be a nice addition, thanks guys!

i dont know if you got calipers yet so...

id get bear brakes calipers they come red and are great brakes

I like the red look personaly IMO the red black combo looks really good

i dont know if you got calipers yet so...

id get bear brakes calipers they come red and are great brakes

I like the red look personaly IMO the red black combo looks really good

You mean Baer? I doubt they make calipers for our cars.