Big Brakes

Marchi1

So here is the pics from before and after. Any questions let me know.

Caliper getting prepped:

100_2616.jpg

Bracket prior to being tapped:

100_2617.jpg

Subassembly prior to installation:

100_2634.jpg

Wow 12 whole inches:

100_2635.jpg

Lots of space and pretty boring in black:

100_2691.jpg

Old boring assembly:

100_2692.jpg

Comparo of the rotors:

100_2694.jpg

Here is where my 8-year old camera man got bored so there aren't anypics of the assembly on the car or the comparison of the rotors...

But the end result is all the matters:

100_2701.jpg

I washed the car as GM was nice enough to replace all four rims on my Regal today after I found peeling chrome on all rims, so clean new rims on a dirty car is a sin:

100_2702.jpg

What isn't pictured is that I also finished my suspension install with the new GMPP front bar as well.

ENJOY, comments and criticism welcome.

Yep took it in, they looked saw they were all peeling and said come back tomorrow we will have them in. helps hat is the deaerlship where i have all my vehicle warranty and insurance work done for 6 years.....

GM just replaced the rims? Thats pretty awesome

yeah, how did you manage that?? what year is this regal, how long is your warranty good for?

that looks awesome! not to mention clean, my god so clean.

very subtle caliper color too, is that like a light grey?

wait...tap!?...for what!?

You need to drill and tap the F body brackets up to 14mm threading. (from 12mm)

ohhh...those are F-Body brakes!?...i thought it was just the 12" upgrade...

wait...tap!?...for what!?

You need to drill and tap the F body brackets up to 14mm threading. (from 12mm)

ohhh...those are F-Body brakes!?...i thought it was just the 12" upgrade...

but what you are going to pay for the brackets you can spend about another $50 or so and have the F-body upgrade in addition.

what makes f-body 12" brakes better than the w-body 12" brakes ???

dual piston calipers, for one thing!...dunno what else...

it thought F-Body brakes wouldnt clear the stock wheels though!?...

how much for the F-Body calipers and brackets!?...i was just gonna buy some used brackets from Ed Morad or maybe bug the forum oldsmobile lover to get me some off an intrigue...

cool, very cool. i think its a bit of overkill for my style of driving though really.

imma keep it simple and stick with the W 12"ers. whenever i do my brakes, i dont want to have to remember to order f-body fronts and w-body rears. that and im sure the dumb autoparts guy will think im nuts. :lol:

cool, very cool. i think its a bit of overkill for my style of driving though really.

imma keep it simple and stick with the W 12"ers. whenever i do my brakes, i dont want to have to remember to order f-body fronts and w-body rears. that and im sure the dumb autoparts guy will think im nuts. :lol:

they already thought i was nuts when i ordered ford taurus spark plug wires for my GTP...:lol:

And the calipers are aluminum so the weight is also less, you lose a couple pounds per corner even going to the bigger rotor.

As for ordering new one, I have heard that Carquest sells new calipers with Brackets for about $41, plus core, but you could return your old Regal caliper as the core. or you can go to a salvage yard like I did and get brackates and Calipers for %50 for the pair. :eek:

And if my other plan comes together for brakes Camaro fronts won't be the only freak thing on my car.... :cool:

And the calipers are aluminum so the weight is also less, you lose a couple pounds per corner even going to the bigger rotor.

As for ordering new one, I have heard that Carquest sells new calipers with Brackets for about $41, plus core, but you could return your old Regal caliper as the core. or you can go to a salvage yard like I did and get brackates and Calipers for %50 for the pair. :eek:

And if my other plan comes together for brakes Camaro fronts won't be the only freak thing on my car.... :cool:

well, can you give me some more info!?...what year/car do i buy em for!?...and, do they clear the stock wheels!?...i SWEAR someone told me you need @ least 17" wheels for them to clear...maybe i was thinkin about the GXP brakes though!?...

Its the GXP brakes that need a 17" rim, and since mine are OEM Buick Regal rims I don't see why they won't clear.

As for year I think it is 98-02 Camaro brakes.

Its the GXP brakes that need a 17" rim, and since mine are OEM Buick Regal rims I don't see why they won't clear.

As for year I think it is 98-02 Camaro brakes.

and, you say you can get the calipers AND brackets from the parts store!?

do i need to change the hoses!?...

ehh...nevermind...i'm just doing the w-body 12" upgrade...just bought these tonight:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EBC%2DGD7005&view=1&N=700+150+4294859634+400528+4294908216+4294908176+4294924642+4294820348+

now i just gotta get some RedStuff pads...

saaaawwwweeeeeeeeeeet! good choice. :thumb:

let me know if Ed has those brackets, and if so what he charges for them.

ehh...nevermind...i'm just doing the w-body 12" upgrade...just bought these tonight:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EBC%2DGD7005&view=1&N=700+150+4294859634+400528+4294908216+4294908176+4294924642+4294820348+

now i just gotta get some RedStuff pads...

saaaawwwweeeeeeeeeeet! good choice. :thumb:

let me know if Ed has those brackets, and if so what he charges for them.

alrighty!...will do!