sub box

97CuttySupSL

Invent and build THE first component speakers? or you mean ADS' first components were designed by him? I dont think you cant fit much more than a 12" sub in a CRX.

btw, back then you bring up the word excursion and people think your woofers broken. they probably never heard that word before. 11 mm of fury. :razz:

no, but ADS sound so crystal clear, I love em.

He and ADS developed the first set of component speakers for a CAR. The CRX had 3 8" JL's in it when he took it to the first show and I can't remember what he did for the finals. He has won the IASCA Finals 3 times that I remember. The CRX a 90's Corvette and one other car. The Corvette was built for a guy who has always wanted a Vette and by the time he could afford it he bought it and sent it right to Rich's car tunes, when it was completed it went straight on the IASCA circuit and by the time it got "home" the guy was so fat he couldnt fit in it comfortably. (He was already too big when he bought it but he wanted on and thought he could squeeze in and still be comfy) He didnt see his car for about 1.5 years after he bought it.

well he is cool and a great car audio guy but definately not the first to have that technology for a car...

back then there was no amps with built in x-overs or HU's with electronic x-overs. it was very common to have (in fact common enough that I being a 17 year old broke ass high school kid could afford one) 3-way electronic pre-amp x-over. with dials to control the high, mid, and low range frequency and the gains for each. you plug in 1 rca and 3 rcas come out. but you need a 4 channel amp, and a bass amp.

we are talking 1992 -1993 right around there. damn that equipment sucked, all ass backwards.

I guess it might be possible he came out with the first components. if so thats bad ass.

I remember buying a set of boston components in like 1995 or 6 and ran them in my lux van for 10 years.

components are from the '90s then excursion came out around 2k. what a wonderful age in which we live.

well he is cool and a great car audio guy but definately not the first to have that technology for a car...

back then there was no amps with built in x-overs or HU's with electronic x-overs. it was very common to have (in fact common enough that I being a 17 year old broke ass high school kid could afford one) 3-way electronic pre-amp x-over. with dials to control the high, mid, and low range frequency and the gains for each. you plug in 1 rca and 3 rcas come out. but you need a 4 channel amp, and a bass amp.

we are talking 1992 -1993 right around there. damn that equipment sucked, all ass backwards.

I guess it might be possible he came out with the first components. if so thats bad ass.

I remember buying a set of boston components in like 1995 or 6 and ran them in my lux van for 10 years.

components are from the '90s then excursion came out around 2k. what a wonderful age in which we live.

We are not talking the 1990's here Garrett, we're talking the 1970's and 80's. I dont quite understand what your saying but I can tell you this I am 34 and he has been installing radio's, home speakers and amplifiers since BEFORE I was born. There were not crossovers your right. He MADE THEM a COIL and a Capacitor is all you need. Maybe you can clear up what you were saying.

I thought you said he made the component crossovers in the early 90s???

thats when I got my first set was mid 90s so thats why I believe you.

friend of mine has a set of ads components from the 90s in his turbo supra. we's talkin bout em the other day.