Spent alot of money on your W-body?

tdaye

Just wanting to see if I'm the only one crazy enough to spend this kind of money on their W-Body! here is a list of what I can remember having replaced in the 1.5years I've owned this Cutlass:

3.1L motor swap

quad seat swap (from cloth to leather)

dashpad from a 1993 model

alot of misc trim because they had a scratch or something

Air Conditioner Condensor

Fuel injectors

all upper motor gaskets

Both Lower balljoints

KYB GR2 Struts on rear

KYB Strut Mounts on rear

KYB Strut boots on rear

KYB Struts on front

KYB Strut Mounts on front

KYB strut bearings on front

Front Springs - Intrax

custom made fiberglass rear mono spring

made with a 2 1/2" drop from Flex-A-Form

left front hub(2x)

Rear Left Hub

Both CV boots

right outter tierod end

front and rear brakes

front and rear rotors

all front and rear calipers

all front and rear flex brake lines

all park brake cables

master cylinder

transmission was totally rebuilt

Idle air control valve

TPS

head liner and both sun visors recovered(interior)

water pump

both T-bone motor mounts

custom exaust from, and including cat converter back

O2 Sensor

Crank Sensor

EGR Valve

window tint (20% on front, limo on back)

4 Yokohama 16" tires

fuel pump

I should add that I still need paint, rims, tires, new carpet and the seats custom recovered.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tdaye

• terryk2003

• IRONDOG442

• 97loudcut

hm...well, i'll make a rough estimate from looking at all my receipts..

from December 28,2002(day i bought it)-December 19, 2006(...today)

$5327...i just about shit a chicken

I don't think I spent too much on mine.

car - $500

new motor - $350

new gaskets - $250

front struts - $140

rear strut - $70

HUD - $30

exhaust components over the years- $100

Most of my stuff was maintenance though. I am not too much into modding it. I have a Grand Marquis for that.

The car... which i overpayed for... the timing belt, the LIM gaskets, a new ICM and packs...new rotors and pads...the exhaust, the WAI, HUD parts (still need the unit), and the system and general maintainance....

...$7248.92 - too fuggin much...

EDIT: tires - another $718.19, 2 are fucked after 4500 miles thanks to a lower ball joint, which was 90 dollars even, a blown P/S line, that was 124.39, and it'll need new struts all around - 475... plus 2 new assurance triple tread tires.

so....... $8181.50 before the suspension work and the 2 new tires oh yeah, and an alignment... 70.

now i remember why i'm sick of this car and bought an xB...

Thanks to tdaye for asking such a great question! Yeah, I think alot about IF I should spend more money on it, but when I do I feel so much better taking care of her than getting another car. I am now getting oil in my antifreeze and I have to find a good mechanic that wont take me to the cleaners in Atl, GA to fix it. I just spent 350.00 on two new rear hubs to fix a break problem and I love zipping around when its finished. In my opinion, there is something about the look of the Cutlass Supreme that has not been duplicated yet. To me, it is sporty and has class - unlike alot of other cars out there. If my wife lets me, I would keep dumping money into both my 95 vert and 96 coupe. After that has been said, I think it would make my stomach turn to have a total of all of the parts I have bought through the years. All in all, to me, it's money well spent.

well I don't feel so bad now. As you can all agree I'm sure, after you spend so much money on your W, when do you say thats enough?? Just today: front KYB struts, KYB strut mounts, KYB strut bearings, KYB strut boots, Intrax lowering springs, both lower balljoints, 4 wheel balance and alignment. I have to add that the new front springs are STIFF, i'm way happy with the handeling but not so happy with the drop.

I kept track on my motor rebuild/random part replacement on my STE until somewhere around $2200. I'm probably at least around $2700 or now by now, +$1800 purchase price.

Not to mention I've only driven it two months out of the past 14.

Cutlass probably only has $1000 max into it. Got it for free from the grandma 3 years ago.

Well I have added about $4,000 in audio equipment alone and probably $4,000 in various upgrades, brakes, wheels, tires, suspension.... interior etc. so I got about $28,0000 into a 1999 so yeah I would and I will probably add more at some point...

My Z34 has WAAAY to much $$$ in it. I could never sell it, because its not worth near what I have in it. I've got quite a bit into my TGP also. I'm trying to keep my vert as a project on budget.

I paid $1800 for the car in april and ive put the following into it:

rear pads rotors and calipers

y-pipe from cat back

right side muffler

front pads and rotors

tie rod end

tranny fluid flush and change

alignment

exaust tips

tranny cooler lines

2 tires

alternator

It needs more work still. It might need a new belt tensioner or whatever else is making the noise (see my post in the engine board). It also needs struts and another alignment.

I didnt include my system, as it can always be taken out and put in my next car. Im tryin to decide if i want to sell the car come spring/summer and buy something else (a SUV for a big system maybe) or keep the car and get rims, tint and leather seats.

Well... my car was about $300 when I bought it, did about $1000 in tires and struts and brakes before it ever saw the road. $200 for tires when I had my little accident, and then about $500 over the summer trying to get it run right... and it still doesn't... So about $2000 not including the audio system I had in it. Not as bad as some of you guys... OH! The parts car was $100 so the total is $2100.

lets see....

car- 1000

brakes (over 5 years)- 1500

new motor- 1200

Tires- 500

new speedo- 100

new gas tank- 200

thats with taking it to a mechanic (I'm too lazy to work on it myself lol)

I know it's assrape, but I fix what I can without a garage at my place.

so ya..... I've spent alot. Hopefully it'll sel for 1000! :willynilly:

Really, Ive only spend a coupld hundred on repairs for things like pads, rotors, gaskets. Then I had to have the cradle replaced, but still thats wasnt too bad.

Most of my cost was from everything that Ive done/added.

As much as I've done, I haven't spent all too much, it's the cost-conscious white rocket :lol:

Since '04 Purchase and almost 70k miles driven:

- ~$300 brake parts

- ~$200 gaskets between all motors

- $300 3400

- $150 cam, valve spings I had

- $350 tranny #2

- $300 tranny #3

- $400 total exhaust parts/labor

- $600 all tire sets

- $300 all struts

- $200 extra manifolds

So I've spent close to what I paid for it at the used dealership... had I kept the car stock it'd be less than half that.