Torch Red

mdelorie

Did a quick search for "torch red" and it would appear that the Vette is the only other car to receive this colour. I somehow feel special. :) It seems very susceptible to fading, however. Anyone else noticed this? Or is it just all the nasty industrial pollution in my area?

Primarily the parts facing up. The smelter here in town pumps out tons of SO2 (Sulphur Dioxide) and it's notorious for causing little pock marks in vehicle paint, destroying plant life, and giving little kids asthma attacks. :roll: Fortunetly, the plant is 90 times better than it was 50 years ago, and doesn't even make the polluter's list anymore.

Yeah, pollution fallout sucks. I'm almost scared to drive near Morristown TN(paper mills) you can smell that place a mile away. Same goes for Kingsport TN(Eastman/Kodak)

IIRC, I can't think of another body that got the TR color besides the Y & W

torch white on mine Actually not anymore more like torched white... its always been an off-white anyways like eggshell but now its gotten this spiderweb looking cracks all over the top facing surfaces that now let a nice layer of mold in. The mold now and then has to be pressure washed out to give the car a semi clean look.

my 95 monte is/was torch red i no longer own that 3.4 dohc bitch

LOL, yeah it's funny when someone describes horror stories of the part made of "Unobtanium" breaking on the 3.4 every once in a while, but seriously, it's getting old.

You don't hear me whining about my old GTP do you? Christ, I had more trouble than half the board put together.

Guest RedCutlassSL

a 4.3 liter engine is almost one whole liter bigger than the 3.4, yet makes less hp. I know its a pushrod, but thats pretty bad. the engine in those trucks is pretty shitty, for more reasons than just that