guys who swapped vac brakes to abs car - question

stockgp

crazyK, seem to remember you did the opposite. help a brother out. how do you get the firewall plate out that the brake booster locks onto? looks like it's bolted in behind the hvac unit. i really don't want to have to take the hvac unit out of the 94 when i do the 5 speed swap just to get these damn plates in and out.

i'm thinking about cutting the plates at the egde of the hvac units so i don't have to screw with them.

trust me. You will be better off removing the hvac unit. it is not that hard to do.

I did the cut and fab..... I hollowed out the hole on the back side of the PMIII plate and made an adapter of a cut out from a vac powered cars fire-wall plate. I didn;'t like it but........

but.. you are only trying to fab the hole for the clutch slave cylinder, right? doesn't have to be as strong as the brake booster mount

it will be a little difficult to get to the hvac bolts in the engine bay with the 3100 still inthe car. so if i cut the plate out of the 90, then cut the 94 plate at the same spot next to the hvac, there won't be any hollowing and fabricating, you know?

with the 3100? are you joking? it took me about 30 minutes to sepearte the hvac and dash from a 99 m carlo in the bone yard.... or several other cars..

there are only 5 or 6 10mm nuts, and you need a long socket, as well as detaching the c100 connecotr and hoses. YOU CAN DO IT!