Oil Filter

hoodilio

Good ol' AC Delco oil filters are good. More important is keeping with a strict maintenance schedule for your fluid changes.

I noticed you have the 3100. Not sure just which filter you would use, but for the 3.4 there are two. The PF-52C filter is slightly longer, benefiting from more internal filtration material to keep that oil clean. :wink:

I usually get Powerflo's thru work.

Work? Where?

At Grease Monkey, here, we use those and there a Pureoilator counter-part.

I use AC Delco, Powerflo or Pureoilator due company use and true filtering.

All the Frams' I've seen have done a piss-poor job of filtering; whether air or oil.

- RedFox340

I usually get Powerflo's thru work.

Work? Where?

At Grease Monkey, here, we use those and there a Pureoilator counter-part.

I use AC Delco, Powerflo or Pureoilator due company use and true filtering.

All the Frams' I've seen have done a piss-poor job of filtering; whether air or oil.

- RedFox340

I work at my friend's shop and he gets them from Advance Auto.

My dad's 2000 Chevy Silverado has the 4.8L V-8 that uses....take a guess here....a PF-47!! I was pretty suprised by that.

If your dad's 4.8L has a PF47, he's got the wrong filter on it! It's supposed to take a PF59!

Anyway, I use the SuperTech oil filters at Wal-mart. They work great! I'd use AC Delco, but Walmart quit carrying them.

Fram is the worst filter you can buy, and funny thing is they charge more for them than any other brand.

Guest Anonymous
ACDELCO is what ive always used when it comes to oil filters it goes well with Casteroil

Do you mean Castrol? I hope you don't use caster oil in your car.

I use AC Delco PF 47 and PF 52.

wat is wrong wit Castrol oil, and i have tried K&N oil filter (they are awsome, i think they are alot better then anything i have used, but they r expensive, 10 bucks a piece)

I don't like Castrol because I don't like the company, although I used to use their oil exclusively.

They were the first company to market non-synthetic oil as "synthetic" (i.e. Syntec). Buncha sleazebags.

Ha ha ha! I'm totally with you man. I started using Castrol Syntec on my first W-Body, an '89 Regal Limited coupe. I used it for about 40,000km until I traded my W-Body in for another vehicle. When I found out that Castol's Syntec oil wasn't a "true" synthetic I stopped using it. Now I only use Valvoline MaxLife 10W30 for the summer and MotoMaster 0W30 synthetic blend in the winter.

As for oil filters I used MotoMaster Formula 1 oil filters. They have a 97% SPE rating. That's good enough for me.

I don't like Castrol because I don't like the company, although I used to use their oil exclusively.

They were the first company to market non-synthetic oil as "synthetic" (i.e. Syntec). Buncha sleazebags.

Delco PF52 or Purolator, as long as it's blue....

As for the Supertech, I bought one once and my engine started to tick lightly at cold startup, just like it would with Fran so I said screw it

My dad's 2000 Chevy Silverado has the 4.8L V-8 that uses....take a guess here....a PF-47!! I was pretty suprised by that.

If your dad's 4.8L has a PF47, he's got the wrong filter on it! It's supposed to take a PF59!

Anyway, I use the SuperTech oil filters at Wal-mart. They work great! I'd use AC Delco, but Walmart quit carrying them.

Fram is the worst filter you can buy, and funny thing is they charge more for them than any other brand.

Honestly, I didn't think he was running the right oil filter either! Shawn, he showed me in his owner's manual even! For the 4.8L V-8 its a PF-47. Honest to god!

Aaron