Seat covers?

CSI_MuNkY

Hey...

I'm looking to replace my front leather seats with cloth ones, not a fan of leather. As some of you know I have already done so with my rear bench seat being swapped out for a set of buckets.

I've tried getting seat covers in the past for them but they didn't fit right and looked like crap, however with a bit of modification I was able to get them on the rear seats. I can't remember what exactly the problem was, I think they were too narrow at the bottom and/or too wide at the top...

What I'm looking for is one of 3 things....

1. Fabric off a set of black (graphite/charcol, whatever you want to call it) front buckets

2. Seat covers that fit properly, again "black" (any recomendations?)

3. (last resort, but probably the best) A set of cloth front buckets (6way adjustable power), AQ9s would be nice if I do end up taking this route, again in "black"

I've checked the local wrecking yards and that has turned up nothing but ripped peices of junk...

IF I am successfull in finding some full seats I will be putting my leather seats in the For Sale section

If I go with seat covers the leathers won't likely be up for sale...

this is what the rear seats look like, I would be happy with just black but if they matched these that would be amazing

CIMG0924.jpg

Those are the seat covers I test fit on the fronts and they didn't fit. They might of fit had I glued them in place to the contours of the seat, but I don't want to glue anything to the leather in case I DO find something better.

Finally, getting custom covers done isn't in the books right now... the best price I got was nearly $400 per seat :bash:

Jamie

I wish I woulda known u wanted seats earlier. My local Jy just crushed a 93 GP with GREAT charcoal/black cloth interior. (after I pulled its mint valence of course! :twisted:)

seat covers are ghey.. theres like a zillion charcol cloth GP seats at the wreckers near here

I have seat covers... only because my interior is light grey and will soil easily

nearly $400 per seat :bash:

1600 for ALL the seats

Wow, I misread a ton of stuff yesterday!!

Anyways, I had some rear bucket seats recovered for $300. Shop around, I bet you can find a deal to have all recovered for less than $900.

OK... tomorrow Q-ball and I are going on a wreckers run...

If I find some graphite front seats that don't have power, how much of a PITA is it going to be to swap the material from them to mine?

Anyone ever done it?

Jamie

IIRC, the bottom cushion seat cover is held in by some wierd ass clips. You will see them when you flip the seat over. IMO, i'd start by disconnecting the top of the seat from the bottom cushion, and going from there. The top seat cushion cover has clips at the bottom, then is super tight fitting the rest of the way.

Anyways, it's a royal pain in the ass to do, but much cheaper than having them recovered.

IIRC, the bottom cushion seat cover is held in by some wierd ass clips. You will see them when you flip the seat over. IMO, i'd start by disconnecting the top of the seat from the bottom cushion, and going from there. The top seat cushion cover has clips at the bottom, then is super tight fitting the rest of the way.

Anyways, it's a royal pain in the ass to do, but much cheaper than having them recovered.

The clips are called hogclips.

Well that was a waste of a trip, although I found some graphite AQ9s, but they want $150 for a set of regular power seats, so I can only imagine what they want for a set of AQ9s...

Another place wanted $35 per seat, but had no selesction...

Just can't win...

Also found out that with a wee bit of modifying I could fit 97+ GP seats in my car...

Thats got me thinkin...

Jamie

Yup... apparently they do, saw them with my own eyes... the car was still in the area were you aren't allowed to touch them...

What does everyone think? $150 for the set with controls worth it? I could probably get it for the $125 if I try hard enough.....

Jamie

So they are no good to me...

went back with the intention of taking them, they don't meet my standards...

-The drivers side back has been ripped off along with the mesh crap on the back. (mesh is missing)

-On both seats, towards the top it looks as though the air bags have been over inflated somehow and separated the front fabric from the rear peice.

-On the passenger seat a seem has pulled apart and you can see the foam underneith it

Its a shame too, cause all 4 seats in that car match

Jamie

Well they are a loss. Not a big deal. We can goto a shop with my AQ9's and see what it would cost to re do them. This way you can buy a better conditon (All together :lol: ) grey seats and get them re covered. ;)

Well they are a loss. Not a big deal. We can goto a shop with my AQ9's and see what it would cost to re do them. This way you can buy a better conditon (All together :lol: ) grey seats and get them re covered. ;)

If I'm going to get seats re-uphulstered I'm going to get newer GP seats for that, they look better... If I go with AQ9s it will be for more than a style thing... lets face it, they aren't the nicest looking seats...

I'll do some calling around and maybe we can go get a quote next week... won't be happening for a while though... money is tight and Ihave soooo many things I want done to this car of mine...

Jamie

You think newer (like 95 or 97) style seats look better than AQ9s?? If they are ugly for any reason, it's the fabric they used. Imagine how they'd look with tight Cadillac leather :P

You think newer (like 95 or 97) style seats look better than AQ9s?? If they are ugly for any reason, it's the fabric they used. Imagine how they'd look with tight Cadillac leather :P

Fair enough... but I must remind you, I'm trying to get rid of the leather... always have hated leather.

I don't like the lay out of the AQ9s... that groove in the very front, and especailly the hard back (although after seeing the one ripped off at the wreckers I understand why its hard on the back, doesn't make me like it any more)

The seats I'm talking about are the 97+ seats that have the head rest with a hole in the center, I like those ones, only trick is finding a set of black ones at our local wreckers from a coupe (cause the sedan ones don't flip forward)

Another option is a set of these

red_blk_seat.jpg

But they cost more to ship than they do to buy (stupid evil bay) and I am very skeptical of how comfortable they will be, especailly on a long haul drive...

Whatever seats I get will end up one day being re-upholstered so all 4 match. But between now and then I have to think about patterns I want in the recovering...

Jamie