Regal GS suspension mods?

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

so if Dan buys my Cutlass (it's not a SURE deal yet of course) i am going to be upgrading the suspension on my Regal GS. it needs struts badly, handles like a barge and i want to lower it of course. so here is what i was thinking:

GMPP

GMPP Handling kit:

- '99+ Buick front strut tower brace with hardware

- 34mm front sway bar with bushings & end links

- 19mm rear sway bar with bushings

- rear tubular trailing arm kit

$149.58 (shipped)

--------------------------------------------------------------

ZZPerformance

$239.99 - KYB GR-2 struts (front & rear)

$89.98 - GM front strut mounts (pair)

$44.99 - GM driver's side rear strut mount

$44.99 - GM passenger side rear strut mount

$32.99 - ZZP strut tower brace brackets (unpainted)

$29.99 - strut plate washers (pogo mod for front & rear)

$519.36 (shipped)

Tirerack

- KYB rear strut boots (they don't sell front strut boots??)

$37.47 (shipped)

EBAY

- SpringTech 1.7" drop springs

$178.90 (shipped)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ST-Lowering-Springs-GRAND-PRIX-MONTE-CARLO-INTRIGUE_W0QQitemZ8043442437QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

that comes to about $885.31 including all shipping :eek: am i leaving anything out? i'd love to get the KYB AGX adjustable struts but those are twice as much as the GR-2s. i'm going to concentrate on upgrading the brakes later btw. the car has new tires already so i have that taken care of.

Guest TurboSedan

I bet that thing won't feel like such a Grandma after that..sweet stuff

BTW thanks for selling the Eibach's and NOT EVEN PMing ME?!

we didn't have a deal worked out anyway :confused: money talks. i told Dan the springs will be included with the Cutlass just incase the Intrax are too stiff for him (he likes 'em stiff though :lol: so maybe he'll sell the Eibach springs to you)

:mrgreen:

doesnt your car already have the front STB stock!?...that would eliminate the need for the ZZP brackets...and, you could use the bar that comes with the GMPP kit on the rear!

Guest TurboSedan

doesnt your car already have the front STB stock!?...that would eliminate the need for the ZZP brackets...and, you could use the bar that comes with the GMPP kit on the rear!

nope, the Regals didn't get the front STB until 1999 or something like that. BOOO!!

nope, the Regals didn't get the front STB until 1999 or something like that. BOOO!!

oh shit...that sucks!!...i didnt know that...i have just alwayz known it as teh BUICK F BAR...so i assumed it was stock on all the regals...well, you may wanna add another STB to the list from GMpartsdirect and slap it on the rear!

you know at the j yard I found out that the front STB's on the boneville SSEi's will lamost fit the RSTB on a cutlass..if you can extend the brackets like 1"

random.. I know

Guest TurboSedan

you know at the j yard I found out that the front STB's on the boneville SSEi's will lamost fit the RSTB on a cutlass..if you can extend the brackets like 1"

random.. I know

hrmm...i gotta work on my brother's '94 Bonneville SSE (my old car) pretty soon. i'll have to check that out.

random.. I know

That's actually how I made my RSTB. I just had to notch out the holes in the brackets a little, and used a shorter bar.

:D

Anyway, Personally I would not get the $33 brackets for the front STB, Instead I would just get another GM STB and put that in the rear. I know drilling holes into your strut towers may be a hard thing to do. But if GM did it factory IMO there isn't a prolem doing it. My doesn't show ANY signs of problems around the holes, even rust!

Anyway, Personally I would not get the $33 brackets for the front STB, Instead I would just get another GM STB and put that in the rear. I know drilling holes into your strut towers may be a hard thing to do. But if GM did it factory IMO there isn't a prolem doing it.

i was kind of thinking that too...i wasnt very impressed with the ZZP brackets...especially for the price...i'm thinking about putting a regal STB on my GP the same way they were on the regals...just drilling the strut towers!

I bet that thing won't feel like such a Grandma after that..sweet stuff

BTW thanks for selling the Eibach's and NOT EVEN PMing ME?!

(he likes 'em stiff though :lol:)

:mrgreen:

Hey fucker! :lol:

Guest TurboSedan

Anyway, Personally I would not get the $33 brackets for the front STB, Instead I would just get another GM STB and put that in the rear. I know drilling holes into your strut towers may be a hard thing to do. But if GM did it factory IMO there isn't a prolem doing it. My doesn't show ANY signs of problems around the holes, even rust!

yeah i think i'll skip out on the ZZP brackets and just drill holes while the struts are out. anyways, there is a guy on ClubGP that makes rear STB brackets for $35:

http://www.regalgs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36338&start=0

thoughts?

So Josh, this is wayy off topic, but if you sell your Cutlass, the name Turbo Sedan won't apply anymore. OR.... are you going to fix that :twisted:

Anyways, looks like a lot of those come with bushings. Do you know if there poly, or stock grade?

Guest TurboSedan

So Josh, this is wayy off topic, but if you sell your Cutlass, the name Turbo Sedan won't apply anymore. OR.... are you going to fix that :twisted:

hey my Lebaron GTS is still a Turbo Sedan :mrgreen: well, actually it's more like a Turbo hatchback sedan. maybe Dan should change his SN too. he hasn't owned a '96 Cutlass SL with a 3.1 in a looooong time :lol:

Anyways, looks like a lot of those come with bushings. Do you know if there poly, or stock grade?

i don't think the GMPP stuff is poly; probably just higher durometer rubber bushings. that's my guess anyway.

hey my Lebaron GTS is still a Turbo Sedan :mrgreen: well, actually it's more like a Turbo hatchback sedan. maybe Dan should change his SN too. he hasn't owned a '96 Cutlass SL with a 3.1 in a looooong time :lol:

i don't think the GMPP stuff is poly; probably just higher durometer rubber bushings. that's my guess anyway.

I have the trailling arms and they are not poly.

yeah i think i'll skip out on the ZZP brackets and just drill holes while the struts are out. anyways, there is a guy on ClubGP that makes rear STB brackets for $35:

http://www.regalgs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36338&start=0

thoughts?

Yea, I saw those last week. I don't think it's a bad idea, but I don't think they're worth the $35. I'd rather build my own before doing that. But to get the GM STB to fit in the rear all you need is elongate 2 of the holes (one on each side). And it then bolts right up.

Guest TurboSedan

those wheels actually look decent on that car after it was lowered...

i thought the same thing. although if i decided to keep the stock wheels i'd definately go down to 225/55s. i hate the 225/60s sidewalls.

Guest TurboSedan

good lord that black one is hot

hell yeah it is...and i think it's for sale (or was) on regalgs.org too! it's just an LS but damn it looks soo good.