Bought and Picked Up TGP

Addicted To Boost

Yea quit your rambling :lol: just kidding. There is a pressure zone in the frontal area of your car (assuming a lower valance is installed), where that tranny cooler hose pickup is at, and is a better idea than just having the tranny cooler sitting in that frontal area hopping air will flow through it, that since were it is at now there is no condenser and radiator behind it blocking air from getting through 3 sets of fins/tubes (such as a setup with a tranny cooler then condensor then radiator all stacked together, ugh!!). So its a good setup, just go over to where the tranny cooler is and snug up the 2 rubber hoses going to it, they shrink a little with age and can get damp though never seen one leak/drip :cool:. Also might find some leaves and crud in that hose/directly over the tranny cooler fins that might be good to remove to ensure the design cooling of this setup!

Jeff M

There is a pressure zone in the frontal area of your car (assuming a lower valance is installed)

Yes, I have a lower valence installed (the picture a couple posts above is what it looks like now; I took it yesterday.)

Thanks for the tips! Jeff, I sent you a PM. ;)

Sorry to change the subject sort of, but whenever I see pics of those TGPs or older GTPs, so say 89 - 93 Special Grand Prixs, I'm kind of overcome with emotion. I think about how the world was then, and how it's changed. With my GTP I always wondered who owned it before, and how they drove it, and what they did, and juist what the car had seen and all that, so yeah, when I see your car I think of 1990 and how the world was....yeah stupid I know lol

Sorry to change the subject sort of, but whenever I see pics of those TGPs or older GTPs, so say 89 - 93 Special Grand Prixs, I'm kind of overcome with emotion. I think about how the world was then, and how it's changed. With my GTP I always wondered who owned it before, and how they drove it, and what they did, and just what the car had seen and all that, so yeah, when I see your car I think of 1990 and how the world was....yeah stupid I know lol

That's cool, dude. ;) That's part of the reason I bought it- sentimental value; and to me that is because I was born in 1990. :cool:

Some of you guys are probably thinkin "Oh no, a nice car went to a 16 year old and he is going to beat the shit outta it", well, that is not so. I am not your typical 16 year old: I take great care of everything, whether it would be being a straight A student at my school, taking care of the belongings of mine and others, and most importantly, my TGP. I bought this car myself, I worked for it, I love it, and I will always care for it. I wouldn't give up this car for the world and the sentimental value endears it to me that much more.

• 1 month later...