Bought and Picked Up TGP

Addicted To Boost

Hey everyone I picked up my red 90 TGP this afternoon. :cool: It's too dark right now, but I'll take pictures when it is bright out tomorrow (my garage lights suck). I'm very happy with the TGP. The exterior is in Excellent shape- the valence is even in good shape, :willynilly: it isn't sagging at all, but it could use some paint along the bottom of the valence. The interior is in good shape- a couple minor things that need to be fixed/replaced, but nothing major. Really, the only problems I had with it are that the power antenna doesn't extend all the way (it goes down all the way, but one segment is stuck together so it doesn't go up all the way), the low coolant light came on every once in a while, but then it turned off within 30 seconds of it turning on, and finally, my brake lights are on( the BRAKE light and the ABS light.) For the brakes, if I have it sitting in my driveway and step on the brakes, the pump turns on every time you press the brake pedal. Also my brake lights will be stuck on occasionally(fixed by stepping on the brakes twice instead of once.) So what am I dealing with for problem parts here?

She has the oem chip and it doesn't have the Jeff M. crossover. Nothing under the hood has been modified. Has a new tranny and new turbo under the hood. :smile: Has new brakes, tires, struts, and new brake master/booster(that is what the seller said, master cylinder maybe?) I suppose you could have read all that from the Ebay link lol. :lol:

Anyway I love my new TGP. She needs a little work, but overall I'm happy. :cool: Plus, (this is my calculations, NOT the DIC) on my way home, I got 35 MPG! :twisted: Freakin sweet!! :willynilly:

brake light switch is $40 and red led tail lights are $50. I just got done buying some. well worth it so I dont have to fix it again. of course the real reason it happens is bad grounds.

Okay I washed the TGP today and took some pics. It started to get dark and only got darker as I took the pics, :rolleyes: so bear with me! :smile:

BTW I fixed the coolant light problem and I have a new problem: stalling. But, the stalling is probably due to having an oem crossover pipe.

Here are the pics

MyTGP001.jpg

MyTGP002.jpg

MyTGP003.jpg

MyTGP004.jpg

This one is my favorite

MyTGP005.jpg

MyTGP007.jpg

LOL I noticed something else when I was driving it home on Tuesday; when I looked at my dash, it said I was going 75 and at the same time my HUD said I was going 65. :confused: I know this was mentioned before, but is the HUD correct? thanks

Okay now for my brakes :willynilly: :Okay my brakes suck right now and both of my brake lights are on, so I am going to bleed my brakes, but the pump turns on every time I step on the brakes. What am I dealin with here? thanks ;)

Its either alive or dead. swap out the fluid with fresh stuff first. use a mix mizer syringe for measuring 2 stroke oil to suck out the fluid and run some fresh dot 3. go from there.

I wish I could find one of these around where I live with a smashed up rear end. Then I would just drop the engine into my 89 cutty.

yes, you'd find it to be quite fun

Okay I bled the brakes yesterday and they feel MUCH BETTER, not only do they feel better at the pedal, but it stops much more quickly. My ANTILOCK light and my BRAKE light are still on and my pump runs on every press of the brake pedal.

GARRETT POWERED: I'm gonna try that right now and see if that changes anything. Sounds like my accumulator works, but is on its way out.

swap out the fluid with fresh stuff first. use a mix mizer syringe for measuring 2 stroke oil to suck out the fluid and run some fresh dot 3. go from there.

Changing the fluid didn't do anything. (the fluid that was in there in the first place wasn't too bad.)

So my accumulator is going bad. :rolleyes:

My next issue is that sometimes my brakelights sometimes stay on after I press the brake pedal (fixed by stepping on the brake pedal a second time.) What is causing this? :neutral: Thanks ;)

If your PMIII is cycling at every brake press then your accumulator is not holding pressure. Needs to be replaced.

Your brake light switch is probably out of adjustment. There is a procedure on here somewhere for resetting it. Will require a wire coat hanger bent real tight for a hook on the very tip and you forcing the brake pedal to the floor to hook and reset.

If that is the only real problem with the car...congrats on a great buy!! :wink:

Thanks, yeah it really only has a couple minor brake issues. Those are the only things wrong with it. :cool: Oh and the oem crossover lol. :lol:

That reminds me I need to find Jeff M. :rolleyes: :lol:

Anybody have the link to the brake light switch adjustment page TGPilot was talking about? :confused: The stupid switch stuck and drained my battery once already and I had to charge the battery overnight last nite. thanks for the help ;)

I took a pic while I was out looking at the tubing- anybody know what it is? Air intake? Tranny cooling duct? Anyway here's the pic.

MyTGP013.jpg

It directs air to the transaxle cooler located in the passenger side fender area.

BTW, great looking TGP.

Thanks ;) and it doesn't seem like the duct would be very effective; the tranny cooler is tucked way up under the fender where it doesn't seem like it would get much airflow- it should be closer to the opening between the valence and the bumper. I would think that the transaxle would stay much cooler if the tranny cooler were more out front above the valence- Hmm maybe I should do that mod... has anybody done that? Okay I'll stop rambling now. :lol: