whats this?

aleinxyu

i was changing my tranny filter today and got everything put back together take it for a test drive and it shifts smoother and seems to actually give it a bit more power. but when i got back and start cleaning everything up i found this http://mysite.verizon.net/aleinxyu/piece.jpg i'm not sure where it came from but it wasn't in the drain pan until i droped the old filter. like i said everything shifts smooth and it feels a lot better i'm just worried this might be an important piece.

No idea. I recently had mine changed too. It does shift nicer too. But in my filter, it was pretty clean. Just a very little bit of dirt in there. I'd be worried about that being in there. Could you take it to a shop and ask?

i guess i could take it to a shop just wondering if anyone had any idea, i heard something else and i'm wondering if anyone else hears it when the car goes into gear r, od, d, 2, 1, i hear a whine. maybe the pump is just getting better flow now? anywho thanks for the help. the car is still covered by the place i bought it from for 3 more weeks so if the pump does go out it should be covered

I believe that would be called the "thermo-element" and yes, I would say it's rather important. :cool:

alright, it's just a thin piece of metal thats rather flemsy and weak, do you have any idea as to where it goes? i have a 97 monte carlo z34. i wish my stupid haynes was in i feel like an idiot.