which muffler ???

stlunatics2oo3

Okay i am wondering which muffler or mufflers would sound good on dual exhaust on a 2.8 cutlass. i am kinda wanting a light sound on idle but when wot a beefy sound. so let me know which muffler would sound good thank you

jeremy

i need to know too, i am putting duals on in a few weeks and need to know which muff sounds the best and the approx price for a new cat back dual set up, welded in al all. thanks Jay

wtf are you talkin about yall are thread hijackers i wanna kno the muffler that would sound good on dual exhaust and you hazmatic why would you have to mod a dual exhaust setup from another car any cutlass grand prix or regal dual exhaust will set up there perfect

seriously, i think someone needs a visit to Banned Camp for awhile. Hey lunatic, wats wrong wit you? You got issues? solve them but not on the board so quit crying and complaining so much.

Come to think of it, he sound like someone who probably got booted off Efi-street.com

excuse me i was more replyin to hazmatic when he knows i don't really like him so he posts in my thread but i answered him in a true way and no i don't like efi street so i never was booted off it so shut the hell up cause i want my question answered first.....

and banned camp sorry there are alot more ppl. on this site that need it more then me so get off my back.

you wanna kno my problems

1. i am kinda pissed about my car

2 worried about what my car will turn out after its paint job this weekend

3. excited about my paint job this weekend

4. and i need to get my muffler fixed after todays ticket so i need to kno what muffler to put on

5. hazmatic mainly typin but he is gettin better and i am greatful for that so thanks hazmatic

6. the damn site keeps messin up

7. i got a ticket

8. so mainly today has its high points and lows so get off my back

okay

i kno the board isn't the appropriate place to vent but i am so there

back to the topic at hand which muffler is the better for what i am looking for

thank you

jeremy

I've been with this board since before it was at this site and all the bickering does is stop the flow of information. PM the man with your hassle or go beat your dog, But get pissed off somewhere else.

Your car got you bummed...tell us...without the personal vendetta.

Got a ticket...we're curious and sympathetic.

Yell at someone and they're gonna get in your face. Tell 'em ya got problems and they'll lend you an ear. :wink:

I put dual dynomax super turbos on my 4dr using the bend pattern for a 94 GP I bought them because I couldn't afford stainless. The idle sound was great (like a V8 4x4) but sounded like sh**t taking off. I'd removed the cat and had rasp city. I got a "FLOW TECH PURPLE HORNIES" glasspack and it sounds perfect now. There is only so much tough to be gotten from a 3.1 v6 but I think I got most of it with the setup I put together.

I put resonator tips on it but didn't care for the sound so I bent some sheet metal and folded it into the tips to de-resonate the buggers.

That glasspack is the only one to buy if you're buying one, trust me on that...unless the same one sells under another name. Magnaflow Resonator not included in that statement.

lunatics,....how fast do you need to know about which mufflers sound good? I am getting two thrush turbo's on my 2.8 this saturday, if you still don't have them by then, I'll let you know how they sound, good or bad... hopefully good!

If you are looking to do your exhaust in a cost-effective manner, I'd say just go with a stock style cat(or high flow), and then 2.5'' piping(mandrel or crimp bent...mandrel = better but costs more), then into two resonated tips. Sounds awesome, kinda on the loud side, but you can cancel out some of the sound with a generic $20=$30 glasspack from your local muffler shop if it's overly loud to you. It is by far the best setup as far as sound goes, stays loud at WOT and is actually pretty low-profile V8 sounding at idle. Hope this helps.