the long nap is over

Garrett Powered

damn dude 6'8. Jesus.

That's what i love about GP Coupe's though. I'm 6'5, and my dad's 6'6, and we love riding in the GP, it's so damn spacious! Especially compared to any sedan (including our '00 Regal :willynilly: FUCK that thing is CRAMPED compared to the GP!!!)

GarretPowered, as i said, you need you a mexican friend :lol:

damn, I just looked at my hand and there is 10 cuts on the back of it :redface: surprised it didnt bleed much. I guess it was so hot under there the blood just dried up. that was my third brake light switch I have done you would think I could do it without injuring myself. I am getting quicker at it at least. I always end up taking it back out several times to get the adjustment right.

Sorry I am slow or late actually, going out of town again but will try to at least add some tips.

Four 7mm screws to reveal the seat's track to access:

Four Torx head screws to remove driver's seat

Carefully unplug the pneumatic line, unplug electrical lines

Lift out carefully the driver's seat.

Lay down foam or a thick blanket on the floor to lay on and save your back now that the driver's seat is gone :cool: Once you do this and see its easy owners might do it more often to do underdash work. While my seats were out I soaked the leather with Neatsfoot and now they are super soft and not prone to drying out and cracking later!!! Also cleaned out the dried-up grease in the track and motors and such and added new/better grease. Tie-wrapped up sloppy wires and inspected for wires or pneumatic hoses chaffing through and addressed accordingly.

Drop the steering column, only a few 13mm bolts I believe, been a while but might need to loosen the 10mm bolt at the steering wheel shaft flex joint by the firewall and pull out to relieve the strain when the column if dropped, just make sure the tires are set true straight so the steering wheel is clocked the same when you reattach the flex joint as it has a nice flat section on the shaft so you can get it right the first time. I wish I would have made more notes but I know I did not remove the steering column so some of the electrical connectors and the safety/wheel lock wire were able to be left alone and save more detailed work, just lifted up the column and let it rest on or near me, really was not that bad and gave the extra room to access the pain in the a-hole stop lamp switch electrical connectors and brake shaft collar attachments. Then cutting off a foot long piece of coat hanger wire with a sharp bent hook on the end, to pull down on the adjustment tang once the stop lamp switch is installed or your brake lights will be on all the time :lol: Book says to push brake pedal (with your head I guess, while you are on the floor :rolleyes:) then pull down on the adjustment tang till it ratchets/clicks into place, test now to see the brake lights go off and on with the brake pedal as it should.

Seeyaaa-byeee

Jeff M

heres the fuel tank now. new fuel pump and sound deadener. cant even hear the pump when its running.

2056262_125_full.jpg

jesus tapdancing christ. I wish I didn't live in the rust belt.

Sorry I am slow or late actually, going out of town again but will try to at least add some tips.

Four 7mm screws to reveal the seat's track to access:

Four Torx head screws to remove driver's seat

Carefully unplug the pneumatic line, unplug electrical lines

Lift out carefully the driver's seat.

Lay down foam or a thick blanket on the floor to lay on and save your back now that the driver's seat is gone :cool: Once you do this and see its easy owners might do it more often to do underdash work. While my seats were out I soaked the leather with Neatsfoot and now they are super soft and not prone to drying out and cracking later!!! Also cleaned out the dried-up grease in the track and motors and such and added new/better grease. Tie-wrapped up sloppy wires and inspected for wires or pneumatic hoses chaffing through and addressed accordingly.

Drop the steering column, only a few 13mm bolts I believe, been a while but might need to loosen the 10mm bolt at the steering wheel shaft flex joint by the firewall and pull out to relieve the strain when the column if dropped, just make sure the tires are set true straight so the steering wheel is clocked the same when you reattach the flex joint as it has a nice flat section on the shaft so you can get it right the first time. I wish I would have made more notes but I know I did not remove the steering column so some of the electrical connectors and the safety/wheel lock wire were able to be left alone and save more detailed work, just lifted up the column and let it rest on or near me, really was not that bad and gave the extra room to access the pain in the a-hole stop lamp switch electrical connectors and brake shaft collar attachments. Then cutting off a foot long piece of coat hanger wire with a sharp bent hook on the end, to pull down on the adjustment tang once the stop lamp switch is installed or your brake lights will be on all the time :lol: Book says to push brake pedal (with your head I guess, while you are on the floor :rolleyes:) then pull down on the adjustment tang till it ratchets/clicks into place, test now to see the brake lights go off and on with the brake pedal as it should.

Seeyaaa-byeee

Jeff M

whats neatsfoot? and where do you buy it or a similar product? or is it a shoe polish like kiwi paste? I had to make some light gray colored shoe polish and that got it all back the same color but its still not that soft yet.

Neatsfoot is used for softening/moisturizing/conditioning horse saddles. Just try it on an inconspicuous spot first to test for discoloration.

not to sound like the village idiot... but you really should do something prety drastic about all those black widdows, LAST thing i'd want is the thought of a potiential nest of those damn things in a seat or something. i mean put your hand up in the dash or something and lord knows what could possabily happen. i'd find a sealed up garage, put all windows down and bug bomb the piss out of that car. inside and out.

on a lighter note, i think you found a vanity plate for your black TGP "BLKWDO"

I already bombed it with 2 black flag foggers and a tarp over the car and it didnt even kill that SOB. we are not used to them here but down south they are everywhere. I guess they give you like a pretty bad bee sting unless you are allergic to them.

*update* got the valence on finally, adjusted the tv cable, found a leaky rubber vac. elbow on the boost controller. sucks the parts store is closed right now. :willynilly:

2056262_128_full.jpg

thanks guys, not sure about the hitch rating.

damn its a hot day here, just got back from a little adventure, and the valence almost got drug under the car. I guess because I only used 4 bolts to temporarily hold it up. it held for awhile but then one of the bumper tabs snapped off while I was doing 60 on I-5. the asphalt sanded a hole in it so now I have to fiberglass the inside, and bondo the outside. Oh joy.

and I found out the fuel sender is toast. I aint payin no $300 again, its gonna have to be a J/Y unit. almost found out the hard way too. the fuel pump was howling and the dinger in my head went off. I have already been through this phase with the other car and fried a few pumps.

• 2 weeks later...

what the heck is this thing and why does it not work? I never seen one but only have been in sunroof equiped TGPs.

2056262_136_full.jpg

2056262_137_full.jpg

anyone ever seen one of these?

Just read (I cannot see it from the pic) the name of the device down in the lower right and enter it into a search engine and download the owners manual :wink: From what I can read I think I know what it is; a Lap Timer, must be the owner was an exotic dancer and delivered Lap Dances to your door, but needed a meter like the Taxi Driver's use to keep tabs on the time :lol: and her charge/$$ :twisted:.

That aside, its a road racing timer, Auto Cross or some such, clean install, I like it, my overhead console houses an MSD Knock Alert and a Passport 8500+ :mrgreen:.

Jeff M

• 2 weeks later...

2056262_127_full.jpg

FUCK that! I don't mind spiders, but when I come across them unexpectedly, I don't much care for 'em, especially black widows! I've only seen one black widow, and that was in Texas when I was like 5.

check out these seats I got out of a lumina. yea they are cloth, but they are WAY lighter than TGP seats. We carried them all the way out the junkyard with no fatigue in 100 degree weather. try picking up a TGP driver seat! careful not to throw out your back! Im guessing I saved like 75-100 lbs., should have weighed them. :rolleyes:

2056262_138_full.jpg

2056262_135_full.jpg

there's no tears and rips in them so I had to do it. this wing came with the seats for like $50 and 7 pizzas. still have to make 4 more pizzas for them at lunch time here over the next couple weeks.

2056262_132_full.jpg

as you can see, there is 3 points that bolt to the trunk lid for a lot more stability and downforce, so it might actually do some good. the old 2 bolt wing just looks stupid next to it.

Its already cut in half and bolted to the trunk lid. we just have to fill in the seam with some layers of glass and paint the back clip

damn...even tho i cant see the pics, sounds like you're having quite the fun times!!! lol

and black widows..NO THANK YOU!!!! i saw one in a room in our basement like 13 years ago(that room is now my room lol)

Do a search in the General section for the weights of the different stuff. I weighed power seats, and posted the #'s. And, I believe other people did as well. If your looking to shed weight, it's a great thread to read through.