Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber??

brianhasadd

The guys over on ClubGP.com said that it uses the stock mounting hardware. I might not be getting it because a guy from ClubGP.com is selling his Cartuning Turbo setup for $2500 and I'm thinkng about ordering that. Not sure yet.

Well I ordered the Inferno hood a few minutes ago. The turbo was already sold. He said that the hood should be here in 10 business days. I'm hoping to have it painted and installed before July 4.

Thank you for all the comments/opinions. I REALLY REALLY wanted the Carbon Fiber hood but they couldn't give me an accurate amount of time when it would ship out. The guy told me 4 weeks and when I called back, he said it could be closer to 8-14 weeks. I don't have that much patience to wait that long. I'm hoping to have it before July 4 because we've got a family get-together/car show that day and I'd love to show it off.

Well I got the hood Tuesday at 1:00pm and told them that I wanted to have it painted and installed by Saturday. They told me that they would definitely be done by then but they haven't touched it yet. I called them today to see the progress of it and they haven't even sanded it yet. They're freaking pissing me off and if I don't have it on by July 4th, I'm going to give them a piece of my mind and tell them how worthless they are. What a bunch of idiots.

They still have 2 days. That's plenty of time to paint a hood. And, if you went to a pretty reputable shop, and you have been presistant on having it done by Saturday, then don't worry.

Well I talked to the body shop today and they said that they will be done with it tomorrow nite!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm going to be taking ALOT of pics so look for them tomorrow nite!!!!

I think you made a good call. I've seen Cavys and Neons and eclipses with the CF hood and it looks like they're warped or something after awhile and I think they fit like shit.

I think you made a good call. I've seen Cavys and Neons and eclipses with the CF hood and it looks like they're warped or something after awhile and I think they fit like shit.

some CF hoods certainly do have shitty fits to them, but you can also get a quality fitting one, another example of typically getting what you pay for

Well I didn't get it put on last nite but I'm going out there today about 1pm to get it put on. I'm going to be taking some pics so check back later for the pics.