Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber??

brianhasadd

Alright everybody, I'm prolly going to be ordering my Inferno hood in the next week or 2 and I'm not sure if I want to get the Carbon Fiber hood or the Fiberglass. It's going to cost about the same amount of money for the Fiberglass hood by the time I get it painted. If I get the Carbon Fiber hood, I'm going to have a clearcoat sprayed on it to protect it and make it shine. What do you guys/gals(MonteChick) think???

I vote CF PAINTED.. I can't stand seeing carbon fiber texture on a car, probably because on 90% of them, they're stickers.

I disagree. It will have a pattern and a slightly different color. Non-matching body panels look ghetto.

Anyone not into the ricer scene who doesn't know what a "carbon fiber hood" is will think it looks like the body shop did a bad job.

I disagree. It will have a pattern and a slightly different color. Non-matching body panels look ghetto.

Anyone not into the ricer scene who doesn't know what a "carbon fiber hood" is will think it looks like the body shop did a bad job.

:lol: I dont know about that, but I agree...paint it.

I'd say the Carbon Fiber personally... for the afore-mentioned weight and stregnth advantages. As for painted or un-painted.... I don't know... all depends on what look you want I guess.

I don't plan on painting the Carbon Fiber hood if I get it, I'm only going to get them to spray a clearcoat on it so it will shine and have a little bit of protection.

If you listen to Jay, be sure to keep your stock hood. I bet the CF hood will really hurt your resale value among the gen pop.

agree 100% not many people will like what you've done with your car if u ever sell it. It's always a good idea to save stock parts to return it to normal

Well it looks like I'm going to be ordering the Inferno hood today. I'm going to be getting the Fiberglass because 1) the Carbon Fiber hood has a 4 week backorder and 2) The Fiberglass hood is cheaper.