I am once again a Pioneer Man!!

firefighter_0029

The old DEH-P860MP I used to have had 6.5V preouts.

Anyway, I got my PAC SWI-PS today, so I installed the DEH-P680MP. Very slick HU and sounds very good, even through the convertible's shitty stock speakers. I have the CD-IB100 iPod interface so I plugged that in and hooked up a 4G iPod. The 680MP is a million times better controlling the iPod than the 7600MP was. It's a very slick setup!

Pioneers are definitely a really good buy for the money.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool, glad ya like it! Just so happens I got my DEH-P680MP yesterday to put in the convertible. Haven't installed it yet, still waiting on a PAC SWI-PS. I have it hooked up for bench testing and looks good so far though!

I bought a Monte today and I was wondering how you connect it in? Does it go in the CD changer port or something? Also where did you get it?

• 2 weeks later...

You probably live in the city or something?? I had a brand new JVC with a new antenna and it still didn't pick up as good as my Pioneer does. Not that I listen to the radio much just when I do I like it to work.

You probably live in the city or something?? I had a brand new JVC with a new antenna and it still didn't pick up as good as my Pioneer does. Not that I listen to the radio much just when I do I like it to work.

I love to DX once in a while. I have noticed that Pioneers get insane reception.

B9 Tribecas get insane reception as well.

I've never had reception problems.... hell, I pick up stations further out that I could factory, so I'm happy... then again, it really doesnt matter, seein' as how I rarely, if ever, listen to the radio.... pretty much all my music is chopped and screwed.

The only bad thing Ive noticed about Pioneer's is that if the cd is dirty or has a scratch, youll be playing the remix version. :lol:

Yeah, if you're like me and don't know what a CD case is, Sony is the way to go. Their error correction is second to none.

I have a cd case, I duno how the cd's got scratched, but the Pioneer picks it up. Maybe I should just try cleaning them.

speaking of this, isnt there some kinda cd that you can put in there that cleans the internals? I know they have em for other things but would it work for cd players?

I have a cd case, I duno how the cd's got scratched, but the Pioneer picks it up. Maybe I should just try cleaning them.

speaking of this, isnt there some kinda cd that you can put in there that cleans the internals? I know they have em for other things but would it work for cd players?

Don't bother. Taking compressed air and blowing it in the slot would do more, IMO.