I am once again a Pioneer Man!!

firefighter_0029

The UPS finally came today! I just installed it. I bought a Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP head unit and GEX-P920XM XM tuner. I haven't had Pioneer for a couple of years now. I bought a JVC Last Year and a Kenwwod the year before. Nothing compares to the Sound Quality of a Pioneer.

I think the only downfall Pioneer has is that they don't have a seperate connection for the Antenna Yet. So that the Antenna is only up when the Radio is on. Other than that I would have to say the Best Unit I've had so far.

Cool, glad ya like it! Just so happens I got my DEH-P680MP yesterday to put in the convertible. Haven't installed it yet, still waiting on a PAC SWI-PS. I have it hooked up for bench testing and looks good so far though!

PAC SWI-PS lets you connect steering wheel controls directly to the remote jack on the back of the HU. No IR, it's a direct connection. Pretty cool stuff. Convertible is my wife's car and she LOVES the SWC's. :lol:

Ooh I read that on the website. I had that junk crap in my Monte that worked if you had the eye just perfect. And if there wasn't anything in the cup holder. :lol:

I love me some Pioneer. Nothing else has ever compared.

x2!!

Ill only buy Pioneer head units.

That's how I used to feel about Kenwoods but I've completely changed. I only want Alpine nowadays!!!!!! Alpines look soooo sexy!!!!!!

I like pioneer but I LOVE Sirius.....do they make Sirius ready HUs yet?

My old HU's (2yrs old) supported Sirius so I imagine the current ones probably do too.

I don't know if this is true or not yet but I ordered some stuff to find out. The Terk XM kits work on Sirius Ready Radios?

I'm going to try to put XM into a Sirius Ready Kenwood Radio. Will have to wait and see if it works.

I had Sirius and didn't like it on my JVC. They don't have the rock stations like XM does. I wanted Squizz XL.

pioneer for life here. I have had the same head unit for over a year now almost two and it still is not outdated. it puts out great wattage too.

pioneer = <3

I like pioneer but I LOVE Sirius.....do they make Sirius ready HUs yet?

You can have XM and Sirus at the Same time if you want now.

I don't know if this is true or not yet but I ordered some stuff to find out. The Terk XM kits work on Sirius Ready Radios?

I'm going to try to put XM into a Sirius Ready Kenwood Radio. Will have to wait and see if it works..

That would be cool. I'm in the same situation (Kenwood), and we've got XM rockin' at the dealership in the showroom and some of the Caddys have it going too. XM seems real nice seems to be the one to get... however I don't drive enough to make it worthwhile paying $$ for subscription.

I have the cheapest pioneer HU ever, the DEH-1600 and it sounds awesome and is still 50x4 MOSFET

:werd: i have the 2600 and i love it

Pioneers are good, but Eclipse owns all. I have a 5425 and love it, I would take a Alpine before a Pioneer as well.

The only thing I like better on the Eclipse HU is the preout voltage. Other than that Ill take my Pioneer.

I have had my Eclipse for a year and i have not had one problem with it. It has never failed to read a cd, even horribly scratched ones my friends Pioneer and Alpine HUs wouldnt read. Plus Eclipse units have superior SQ and I have the peace of mind of ESN. If my HU is stolen the thief wont be able to use it, if someone tries to reactivate it Eclipse will see its stolen and retrieve the unit, plus they will replace the unit for free if its stolen in the first year. And did i forget to mention the 3 year warranty...but hey with pioneer you get pretty jumping dolphin graphics :rolleyes:

If my HU is stolen the thief wont be able to use it, if someone tries to reactivate it Eclipse will see its stolen and retrieve the unit, plus they will replace the unit for free if its stolen in the first year.

How in the hell does it retrieve it? Some sort of GPS?

And hell thats what insurance is for.

And yes Eclipses have 5 Volt Preouts but it's only at 55 Ohms. Pioneers are only 3 Volt but at 100 Ohms.