'

Invasion1

Buy a truck to tow with

Pull the DRL fuse, or, if that doesn't work, jumper the switch on the e-brake so everytime you start the car after the lights don't come on - plus the auto light feature of the Canadian versions doesn't function either.

A pick-up truck is not a practical vehicle for my needs, Are there stronger trannys made for W-bodies? Perhaps I can swap one in?. Plus we have a 91 GMC Safari van for big loads, no yet though.

Could you show me where the DRL fuse is? If I pull it, will it affect the headlights when I need them at night?

I'll try it tomorrow morning and update....stay tuned lol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• Psych0matt

• 1990lumina

• Euro

STE without a turbo

leaking sun roof

driver's seat is wearing out and I can't find another one like it

motor is acting up

rust is slowly eating it away

tell me if anybody with a 2 dorr has or had this problem

paint peeling

exhaust rattle

cant lock door on drivers side or it wont open again.. something to do with locking mechanizm (I disconnected the lock to the key on outside door handle, but still does it.)

no clearcoat on front right fender.. just paint

swirls in paint from previous owner using dirty rags to rub down car.. :evil:

girlfriend that doesnt get concept of popping door open then pulling open from door.. (she still pulls the door open with the door handle!!!)

clunking sound from front right suspension that i have yet to diagnose.. ball joints and cvs and tierod ends are fine :confused:

Vents make a hissing sound if heater and ac options are turn to off or turned on low, but found a way to get by that..(You cant fool me GP :razz:)

You got me crackin up.

I have paint peeling off of the trimwork running up the car between the windshield and doors, paint chips ALL OVER my car from bird shit or hail popping the paint loose and leaving no mark... and lots of hail dents...

My exhaust rattles too... not always... but its irritating.

Two fenders that are paint only, over a shitty ass run of bodywork... on the passenger side, the trimpiece over the back wheel and directly in front of it... look like SHIT.

Swirls in the paint from an ex that knew how to buff black when i hadn't ever touched it... cant get all the swirls out, the ones on the passenger door are particularly deep. :rolleyes:

friends and family members who can't understand the proper method for opening my doors... same as u and every other person with these doors i imagine

friends and family who i also can't convince that it is NOT a ford, therefore the doors do NOT need to be slammed.

windows like to pop off track... especially when above people slam the door and the window isn't up to a certain point.

I have a clunking sound from my front driver side susp. as well... and its got fresh struts/shocks all around.

my heater makes more of a whining noise than hissing... its a low tone though.

ive got paint peeling all over the trim on the base of my car from people hitting it, not messin up the shape, just breaking paint loose off the plastic.

big dent in the side right behind drivers' door from someone being stupid, playing like he was sick and tripping... his head put the dent in my car...

dent on the other side below back window cuz i was mad and chucked a wax bottle.... :redface:

engine rattles, carpets are stained (light grey carpets & seats, med gray on parts of interior and black dash) the piece of moulding that the combo lock for the glove box sits in is cracked...

and the gear indicator (whatever the plastic piece is that attaches to the gearshift and moves when you shift to show where you're at) is gone... so periodically i drop shit down in there and have to pull it apart to retrieve it.

wow... i think thats about it....

friends and family members who can't understand the proper method for opening my doors... same as u and every other person with these doors i imagine

Just ticks me off!

friends and family who i also can't convince that it is NOT a ford, therefore the doors do NOT need to be slammed.

Like for real, its not a fucking vault people! :evil:

I have a clunking sound from my front driver side susp. as well... and its got fresh struts/shocks all around.

I myself am dumbfounded by this one :confused:

my heater makes more of a whining noise than hissing... its a low tone though.

Mine definately sounds like a snake coming for its prey, but I found that if you dont turn it off, but dont have any options on, it wont hiss

dent on the other side below back window cuz i was mad and chucked a wax bottle.... :redface:

LOL thats pretty funny, I often chuck things at cars when they piss me off, and then I scream and call them an asshole, while my neighbors proceed to watch me make an ass of myself. Then I usually get more ticked cause I broke something else... the cycle that never ends!

It used to be the blue interior with column shift, but I fixed that recently. Got to love black leather AQ9's!!!

Pics!

Cupholders! those that exist suck!

old style rear brakes! (been retrofitted)

the fact that my lumina still has 6 panels that match! I'm trying for a full W-body spectrum!

the fact that 2000+ impala alloy rims will be too much work to install... even If I found some cheap!

no steering wheel controls for 90-94 lumina, I want the proper oem steering wheel :(

crappy OEM speakers

Things I hate...

- Fucking door handles.

- Mono-leaf rear suspension.

- 4T60E Tranny. Affectionately dubbed "Granny Tranny"

- '93 intake manifold. I want a detachable TB!

- Lack of STBs.

- Rear bumper that used to be red but was painted white without primer.

- Front bumper that somebody ran into something and broke the airdam.

- Fucking door handles.

- Non-existant cupholders.

- Looking for parts.

Um, well look at the "custom" paint job, that's my number one flaw lol I also got a ricey little rattle in my muffler, from my friends stupid driveway. It must have knocked something loose underneath. I would also like some new brake lines, at least 2 of them are tender, I recently replaced two when they went, luckily I was less than a minute from my house.

It used to be the blue interior with column shift, but I fixed that recently. Got to love black leather AQ9's!!!

Pics!

I'm working on it. This weekend hopefully!!!