• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• Psych0matt

• 1990lumina

• Euro

-Rust bubbling on the Passenger fender, under the paint (almost as a result of the bolt holding the bumper on)

-Broken console (New in trunk)

-"Fat ass syndrome" on the driver's seat

-Tear in back seat

-Sagging back end (Fixing soon)

-The "Perma-Orange" coating on the pass. side wheel after breaks grenaded

-Pass. side headlight likes to fog when it rains

-No spoiler

Still love it though

Rock chips on the hood

Stained interior carpet

Small door dings on the passenger side

Filthy rims

Worn leather on the drivers seat

-Rust bubbling on the Passenger fender, under the paint (almost as a result of the bolt holding the bumper on)

-Broken console (New in trunk)

-"Fat ass syndrome" on the driver's seat

-Tear in back seat

-Sagging back end (Fixing soon)

-The "Perma-Orange" coating on the pass. side wheel after breaks grenaded

-Pass. side headlight likes to fog when it rains

-No spoiler

Still love it though

what is the fat ass syndrome on the driver's side ??

2 rock chips in new paint, rust bubble on bottom of B pillar inside of the car, and Tiny bubbl above windshield that the shop said they were going to fix

stone chips on hood

scratches

rust under rear door sills

rust near fuel door

my suspension all around

next to no cradle bushings

non working a/c

broken fuel door

Guest TurboSedan

Cutlass - only thing that really bugs me is the bucking associated with the 5-speed swap. bugs the freaking shit out of me to the point that i think i'd really prefer having an automatic again.

STE - rust...it bothers me more than the paint (or lack thereof :lol: ) you can't even see it unless you get under the car and look behind the rear bumper or pull back the trunk carpet but just knowing it's there really bugs me :sad:

what is the fat ass syndrome on the driver's side ??

I'm guessing the seat has no support anymore...

lol yep mine's got that....

but more are..

-rust spot on the drivers A pillar on the top corner of the windshield

-rust forming on the bottoms of both doors(pass is worse)

-rust beginning to form on my pass rear wheel well

-dent on the piece inbetween the taillights and the bumper(on the left corner..i see it EVERYDAY AND IT BUGS THE HELL OUTTA ME)

-minor rock chips on the hood, nothing major

thats about it..damn that list is to long

The broken piece off the front side of driver's side door GFX :sad:

Oh and the stupid ass paint on the GFX, spill the slightest bit of gas, try to wipe it up and it turns BLACK!!!! BAH!!!!!

-ding on the door, and on the trunk

-hood doesnt line up on one side

-passenger side trim needs to be remounted

-wheel well splash guards up front are both messed up and hit when i turn a certain amount

The only thing that chaps my ass about the Regal is:

hoodpeel.jpg

Its damn peeling paint!

Regals seem to do well in resale...

Not really. That kinda ties into the peeling paint issue, because it'll definitely cost more to repaint my car (at a body shop) than what I paid for it!

tell me if anybody with a 2 dorr has or had this problem

when closing passenger door, i get that POP POP POP sound.. LOL.. my car does it and my dads 88 GP did it too :confused:

that clicking sound about 5 sec after you close a door.. just bugs me

my gauge cluster that needs to be fixed

paint peeling

exhaust rattle

cant lock door on drivers side or it wont open again.. something to do with locking mechanizm (I disconnected the lock to the key on outside door handle, but still does it.)

cd player sticks out like 2.5 inches, looks like shit

DIC always says CHECK FUEL even when car is full... :confused:

Random stalling

no clearcoat on front right fender.. just paint

swirls in paint from previous owner using dirty rags to rub down car.. :evil:

girlfriend that doesnt get concept of popping door open then pulling open from door.. (she still pulls the door open with the door handle!!!)

clunking sound from front right suspension that i have yet to diagnose.. ball joints and cvs and tierod ends are fine :confused:

shitty tires makes car ride like shit, handle like shit, and makes wheel shake at 50MPH or faster (cant afford new tires right now)

can never find this car in a junkyard to get parts off

the words GRAND PRIX flew off the car while washing it the other day... the passenger door now says SE and has the old GRAND PRIX still there in the form of glue

Vents make a hissing sound if heater and ac options are turn to off or turned on low, but found a way to get by that..(You cant fool me GP :razz:)

I dunno might be a few more but cant remember

'90 TGP:

-Few small scratches at the very bottom of the front valence. They were there when I got the car, I probably have my father to thank for those since I've never scraped the valence on anything. Easy fix once I order some paint.

-Bad crossover(big surprise there, huh? :lol:)

'93 SE:

-Seat cushioning wore down on driver's seat, 248,000 miles will do that. All my other seats feel brand new.

-Tops of the rear seats are sun faded a bit from sitting out in the GA sun for 10yrs of it's life.

-Small cracks in the plastic around the door handles on the interior(this will happen on pretty much all 88-93 GP's with enough use....my passenger side one only has a hairline crack in it from being used significantly less).

-Trim piece around the passenger side seat at the bottom has a crack in it, happened when I was exited the rear of the car after cleaning the rear window...foot snagged the piece there and "crack." :frown:

-Various rock chips on the front bumper & rear quarters along with a few door dings on the car.

-Pinstriping trim section on the BYP body kit piece in front of the driver's side rear tire is dented from someone or something hitting the car. That pinstripe trim is easily removeable once you take off the body kit panels, I'm going to replace the entire stripe around the car when I repaint it.

'01 GTP:

-Few small scratches on my passenger sideview mirror, probably came from someone that was being careless with their door in a parking lot.

sbaritsucarriage.jpg

the bolt broke about 4 months ago, so when one wheel goes over a bump and the other one doesn't, B comes slamming into A with brute force. so when driving down a crappy road, i get to hear THUD! THUD! THUD! it almost sounds like gunshots from outside of the car. i still cringe every time i hear it.

flaws about my cutlass :redface:

peeling paint (all over)

car sits too high

3.1 starting to knock (gets worse every day)

trans will slip every once in a while

crappy leaking aftermarket sunroof

sagging headliner

stained floor mats

crappy seats

engine vibrates the whole car after 3000 rpms

crappy tail lights

front rotors are warped so bad you'd think you were in an earthquake

248247 miles

crappy gas mileage

but yet i still love my cutlass :mrgreen:

Guest donkeykongrape

tell me if anybody with a 2 dorr has or had this problem

when closing passenger door, i get that POP POP POP sound.. LOL.. my car does it and my dads 88 GP did it too :confused:

I know exactly what you are talking about...this aswell only applies to my passenger door on my 92 CS

As far as my car...

-Glove box falling apart

-Center console falling apart

-One muffler being aftermarket and one being stock (the aftermarket one sounds like ASS...dont ask...i bought it like that)

-Brake pedal losing prime all the time

-E-brake barely holds

-Driver side control for passenger window shorts out sometimes

-Foglamps are heavily oxidized and Meguiars PlastX doesn't seem to work

-Trunk not lining up with the rest of the car

-3.1 is slow as balls, 4T60's gearing sucks ass

-Sometimes engine sounds rough at idle

The peeling clear coat that just came outta no where after this winter on my roof!!! :cussing:

Two deep dime sized dents in my trunk lid from some asshole climbing over my car!!! :cussing: (I almost nailed the motherfucker in the head with a beer bottle!)

New door dings that just keep coming outta no where it seems (despite parking away from people).

Rock chips in my hood and on other areas on the car.

That damn door thud when the doors shut (I'm sure it's sounded like that since new).

Yea sounds like a new paint job and professional dent removal is in her future. :willynilly:

My Intrigue is dead because I shorted the starter wire on the engine when taking out the crank sensor, YES I had the battery connected!!! And now I am driving an Alero with low trans fluid and I don't know how to add fluid to it, or more importantly how much to add because there is no dipstick/filler tube assembly on the 4T60E in the piece of crap!!

my car:

crappy clearcoat on bumpers/body plastic

dents

ripped seams on outer edge of leather seats (will fix)

power antenna doesn't go all the way down

front springs creak

THE DASHBOARD FUCKING RATTLES LIKE HELL

My Intrigue is dead because I shorted the starter wire on the engine when taking out the crank sensor, YES I had the battery connected!!! And now I am driving an Alero with low trans fluid and I don't know how to add fluid to it, or more importantly how much to add because there is no dipstick/filler tube assembly on the 4T60E in the piece of crap!!

Umm there should be a fill on the trans....its a big red cap that says "trans fill"