1/4 mile times from Bandimere....

TGPilot

Hello folks...

I went to Bandimere this weekend for some times. It was so frikkin' hot up there!!! The slips say 76*F but felt more like 85*! :shock: I got to run 3 times. My first was the slowest cause I was scared of how she would react to the most tacky surface I have ever seen!! Wheel spin? Maybe if you were running 600+ horsepower on bicycle tires!! :lol: The second was my best time...and the 3rd was good but I slipped the clutch too much at the line, and she started to slip real bad at the end of the run.

Now before anyone jumps to criticize my times, remember that this is 5000' + above sea-level and a good rule of thumb is to subtract 1 to 1.5 seconds from the e/t to get a good figure for sea-level... 8)

3-2-1.jpg

My first was the slowest cause I was scared of how she would react to the most tacky surface I have ever seen!! Wheel spin? Maybe if you were running 600+ horsepower on bicycle tires!!

NO SHYT! I did the same thing in my lumina.. i figured 300 lbs tq would break them lose.. hell no. I powerbraked it as hard as i could and only got a tiny *chrip* and then nothing but traction! they spray something called VHT on the track so you don't get wheel spin.. VHT is awsome stuff.

Shane

Good times considering the 5000+' elevation. If you were down here in KY at 200'above sea level youd be in the 13s prolly.

Robby

Bandimere is 5800Ft to be exact. and as for times.. tipically you can take off a full second and that will be your sealevel times. the faster you go in the 1/4 then less time you deduct. but for the most part any car 13sec or slow in colorado you can take off 1 sec and be about 99% accurate.

Shane

TGPilot,

Cant read your times, My best last year (only mod K&N) was a 16.6. @ Bandi.

Twalt

his time slips read as so (assuming your the consisatant one) and assuming your number 707.

1- 15.308@91.63

2- 15.584@91.71

3- 16.241@89.28

we should all get together when my TGP is ready to rock and go to Bandimere and run. I would love to see 3 TGP's at the track!

RedZ

Yes I am 707...made sure to put the Participant punch card on the scanner. Was going to take pictures and such, but the digital camera got dropped and it refused to work.

Red...let me know when you want to go play...I am trying to sell the car again... 8)

• 2 weeks later...
rained out w/chip installed. I think we (would) have gotten much better times @ PMI

Not sure about that.. from what i hear PMI has a terrible track. Bandi is the only place in colorado i will run. track is perfect.

Shane

Shane,

By the time I get home from work (1 hr), change and get ready (30 min) then fight the traffic going to Denver (1.5 hrs),..... 3 hrs just to get 3 to 5 runs in isnt worth the time or effort.

Took GTP up once with Pilot's TGP, got rained out then also (RMCGP event).

Plan on trying to hit the track a few times with GTP & STE this summer.

Thomas

Guest TurboSedan

i can't wait to check Bandimere out - i have never done any 1/4 mile track racing so i would be nervous as hell and dump the clutch or something :oops: i'll definately have the GTS ready to go, but the CS might still be in surgery. anyone know of any places to auto-cross around Denver?

btw, try driving your car in Laramie - 7200ft! going down to 5000ft makes a BIG difference in power....

joshua

anyone know of any places to auto-cross around Denver?

Legally or illegally? :mrgreen:

SCCA runs a auto-cross about every other month (I think, double check for sure) at the Pespi Center parking lot right on the out-skirt of downtown Denver. Otherwise, if you want a couple corners or switchbacks, Lookout Mountain is great drive to bang through the gears and crank the steering wheel from lock to lock.

- RedFox340

Guest TurboSedan

- RedFox340

legally heh heh. i already have highway 34 between Laramie and Wheatland Wyoming for my illegal cross country excercises :) unfortunately it's up around 8000ft so power is low. awesome canyon carving bliss and traffic is low. i've driven the road enoungh times to know Exactly how to push my car to the limits and still never cross the yellow lines :)

now if i could only get my Addco bar back in there.... :( that bar made SOOO much of a difference...

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

i miss mine....it made soooo much of a differance. i broke an inner hanger awhile back because the the bar was held up too high. i got some sway bar brackets from a '95 Brickyard Monte now, but i gotta drill some holes to mount them to the frame and fab up some brackets to get the bar back in there. pita

joshua

• 2 weeks later...

- RedFox340

legally heh heh. i already have highway 34 between Laramie and Wheatland Wyoming for my illegal cross country excercises :) unfortunately it's up around 8000ft so power is low. awesome canyon carving bliss and traffic is low. i've driven the road enoungh times to know Exactly how to push my car to the limits and still never cross the yellow lines :)

now if i could only get my Addco bar back in there.... :( that bar made SOOO much of a difference...

joshua

Agghh... I'm getting mad at that road. It was one of my favorties, but they're straightening it out! I kinda miss the 30 mph posted limits. The road to Saratoga(over the snowy's) is pretty good though. Again, altitude sucks though. I'm only around 2 more weeks, we'll have to meet up some time soon!

Tim