Evap Canister....where is it at?

AWeb80

drivers side rear, behind the tire!!!

as a matter of fact... I assume the selonid is there too, but i may be wrong. let us know![br]Posted on: April 29, 2006, 12:04:35 PM_________________________________________________underneath the car, btw.

On your car, the EVAP solenoid is underhood, near the throttle body. IT has two vacuum lines, an inlet and an outlet. I got those confused, and if you do, your car will run like shit. :lol:[br]Posted on: April 29, 2006, 01:05:55 PM_________________________________________________DSC02251.jpg

Canister!

DSC02253.jpg

I believe that this is the EVAP solenoid.

Thanks for posting this thread! I looked at mine and one of the vacuum lines had come off! This might be partially why my gas mileage has SUCKED ASS lately!

This is written about OBD-II, but it still applies.

http://www.troublecodes.net/articles/waekon/OBDII_EVAP_Test_Kit.html]The[/url] EVAP system is not a new system used on OBDII vehicles. As a matter of fact, it is part of the first emission systems added to passenger vehicles. The EVAP system's task is simple. Store the vapor created in the vehicles fuel tank, and allow it to be burned in the combustion process when commanded to do so. Why? Again simple..fuel in the fuel tank, the vapors from the fuel is a form of vehicle emissions. We all think of emissions as being what is being expelled from the tailpipe of a vehicle, after all that is what the emission test stations test for when the vehicle is brought in for an emission test. The probe is inserted in the tailpipe or the vehicle is placed on a Dyno, and the emissions expelled from the exhaust are collected/measured and the vehicle will pass or fail depending on the emission level specification of the specific vehicle. Most emission tests will also include a fuel cap test. The fuel cap that has been used for many years, since the introduction of the EVAP system, is a "non-vented" type fuel cap. The fuel cap will be tested and either pass or fail. The difference on the OBDII EVAP system, is that the system, like many other added systems used on OBDII vehicles, is being carefully monitored by the vehicles OBDII on-board computer. The EVAP system is monitored for a leak within the system, and also whether or not the system correctly flowed the fuel vapor when the EVAP system is commanded to flow. Being a controlled and monitored system by the OBDII on-board computer, if a failure should result, the MIL will illuminate to alert the driver that there is a problem. An OBDII scanner is used to retrieve the DTC(s) that are present, or history, in memory. So there you have it. As you already may know, this is a simple, yet a hard system to properly diagnosis. With the engine and fuel tank usually located far apart from one another, the tubing, hoses, EVAP canister, control devices and the wiring make the EVAP system almost as large as the vehicle.

On your car, the EVAP solenoid is underhood, near the throttle body. IT has two vacuum lines, an inlet and an outlet. I got those confused, and if you do, your car will run like shit. :lol:[br]Posted on: April 29, 2006, 01:05:55 PM

Thanks for posting this thread! I looked at mine and one of the vacuum lines had come off! This might be partially why my gas mileage has SUCKED ASS lately!

Thanks for posting pics, that is awesome. this should go in the FAQ section....I mean, i searched for EVAP stuff, and nothing came up.

That is why I posted this.[br]Posted on: April 29, 2006, 04:58:17 PM_________________________________________________I can't find solenoid on my GP.....there is nothign that looks like that near the throttle body.

hello, allow me to simplify things...evap system is the computers way to check cars fuel system for leaks(which is very dangerous and liablity for auto manufactures).if the system wont hold a vaccum your c.e.l. comes on and service is required.you have TWO siliniods and a canister,lines.siliniod on the engine is to supply vaccum to system(purge siliniod).siliniod on canister(rear)is to releive pressure when test is done or if pressure is too much(vent siliniod)if you have some kind of evap code 99% its the purge siliniod.EVEN if it says you have a leak.also becareful not to OVERFILL your gas tank(Im guilty of this)because the over flow of gas ends up in the canister and wiil distroy/give codes/smell of gas for a day or two..

im ADDICTED to turbos(at least the whistle it makes)it could be worse i could be addicted to fat girls!! :lol:(note to self;better not let my wife see this one!!)

so, can you see it in this pic....and why is his in a different place?

look behind the trans dip stick tube

63fd7b7f.jpg

my work van and 2+2,no pics on m/c or riv[br]Posted on: April 30, 2006, 10:56:09 PM_________________________________________________or did u want pics of fat girls??are we gettig of the suject here?!like your avatar,its a quote from vanilla ice, no less..... :smile:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.