Got My TGP :)

RedZMonte

I drove to salt lake city Sat. and picked up my car. Its a 1990 TGP. It needed a fuel pump. I put it in sunday. I AM NEVER DOING A FUEL PUMP on any of my cars ever again! it was the biggest PITA i have had to do on my cars. But sunburnt and greasy head to toe and 4 hrs later its in. The cars started right up. It misses after 3,000RPM so i am doing a full tuneup and changing ALL the fluids and a tranny service. I allready like that car allot.

I will let you guys know what it runs like after a full service. BTW how much boost is does it run stock? Does anyone have a pic showing the Boost controler (on the front valve cover) that the turbo and wastegate connect to, i want to double check to see if it is hooked up correctly to the vaccume lines.

I took the Intake arm off (open trubo) and it sounds SWEET! 147,500 miles and the trubo has 0 wheel play :). I think the X-over may be leaking.. so that is 1 more thing i am not looking foward to removing.

Shane "RedZMonte"

1995 Monte Carlo Z34 (LQ1)

1992 Lumina Z34 (L67)

1990 Turbo Grand Prix (LG5)

http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_=1937368

Sweet that is exactly what i need. they both are currently connected to the right side of the wastegate sullinoid side w/ a "T" I knew it didn't look right. So hopefully this will take care of my boost issues.

Shane